ZotFile - Advanced PDF management for Zotero

1505152535456»
  • Hi, I installed Zotfile for Zotero 5 but can't access the preferences. When I hit the button the Zotfile line in the preferences becomes active (orange markup), but nothing happens. Any ideas?
  • Hhm, Zotfile generally doesn't work here, also so the Zotfile-entries when right-clicking on a reference don't appear. Re-start, de- and re-activating, removing and re-installing don't help.
  • Which Zotero and Zotfile versions? And ZotFile shows as installed under Tools-->addons --> Extensions in Zotero?
  • Zotero 5.0.33. Zotfile 5.0.6.
    Yes, Zotfile is visible as installed under extensions.
  • I recently downloaded the Zotfile extension for syncing Zotero with my iPad via my Box account. Unfortunately, Zotero and my computer crash/freeze every time I try to "rename" existing citation attachments in my library to my designated Box Account location. Silver lining, after I restart my computer I see that the documents I tried rename are showing up the Box folder I created for my citation attachments. When I set the attachment file location to my local hard drive I don't run into any issues. Appreciate any suggestions folks can offer on how I can avoid having my computer crash each time I rename a citation attachment to a Box account location. Thank you.

System: MacOS (10.13.2)
    Zotero: 5.0.33
    Zotfile: 5.0.6
  • how long have you let the freeze run? (and it doesn't actually "crash" as in shut down any applications, right)?