ZotFile - Advanced PDF management for Zotero

1525354555658»
  • Thanks, @bwiernik, I keep forgetting those symlinks.

@ckatzenbach, yes, full text search works the same with linked or directly stored attachments.
  • The only limitations of linked files are not having access on the zotero website and not being possible to use them in Group libraries.
  • Lately, Zotfile often truncates my highlights made in preview when I use the "extract annotations" feature.

Often it is the first sentence that is missing. Any ideas what might be happening here? Yes, the text is properly highlighted. New install of macOS high sierra, latest version of both zotfile and zotero.

Thank you in advance.
  • I should add that this issue arises only when using Preview to highlight PDF documents. When I use Acrobat Reader, highlights are correctly extracted.
  • I don't know if this will come too late to help @goldsoundz, but my workaround for the way LiquidText appends "_LT" to the filename is to export PDFs from LiquidText to a separate folder.

I've created an Automator folder action to watch that folder for incoming files. When a new PDF appears, the Automator script renames the file (replacing "_LT" with "") and moves it to the folder that I set Zotfile to export to/import from (with the "Replacing existing files" box checked).

Zotfile is then able to "Get from tablet" and extract the annotations from LiquidText. It's a little cumbersome, but it works.
  • @benjamin.pauley 's solution for the LiquidText Get from tablet issue worked perfectly for me, and I'm no Automator expert (brief googling was adequate on how to set it up). Great solution to something that was causing me angst as I love both Zotero and LiquidText and they were not playing well together!
  • I am not sure if you are already aware, but as the Zotero 5 update, the "Use additional subfolders defined by" functionality in Zotfile's tablet settings (which I have set to /%w) is not working.

[JavaScript Error: "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: bad control character in string literal at line 1 column 32 of the JSON data" {file: "chrome://zutilo/content/keys.js" line: 23}] [JavaScript Error: "formatURLPref: Couldn't get pref: extensions.getAddons.link.url" {file: "jar:file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/nsURLFormatter.js" line: 143}] uf_formatURLPref@jar:file:///Applications/Zotero.app/Contents/Resources/omni.ja!/components/nsURLFormatter.js:143:7 gListView.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:2735:9 gViewController.initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:709:7 initialize@chrome://mozapps/content/extensions/extensions.js:211:3 version => 5.0.54, platform => MacIntel, oscpu => Intel Mac OS X 10.13, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.54, extensions => Zutilo Utility for Zotero (3.0.3, extension), ZotFile (5.0.8, extension), Shockwave Flash (30.0.0.134, plugin), Zotero Word for Mac Integration (5.0.15.SA.5.0.54, extension, disabled), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.54, extension, disabled)

• Does it work if you disable Zutilo?
  • Hi, every time I check my saved search folder for the _tablet tag, to see what files Zotfile syncs to my Dropbox folder, I receive a Zotero notification for four files that 'The file "[filename.pdf]" does not exist.' None of these files (Parent Metadata nor attachments) carry the '_tablet' tag anymore. I fully deleted one of the files mentioned, and reinstalled ZotFile, but the notifications keep popping up. Where would I need to remove traces for these files to remove the notifications?