Now available: Zotero 7

124»
  • @sunmuen: You can just install the 64-bit version from the download page. Your data won't be affected.
  • <3 the new polished look, it makes Zotero an easy win for best research paper manager. This was the main thing holding it back IMO.
  • Amazing new design, now also on iOS - what a great job, thank you!!!
  • Estoy tan agradecida por vuestro trabajo, que he cogido el almacenamiento ilimitado.

Me han surgido dos problemas con Versión Zotero 7. ¿Existe un canal o foro específico para indicarlo? o prefieren que lo pregunte en este?

Quedo a la espera, gracias!!
  • @MilaRoGuiam
    From the OP:
    Please note: If you run into any problems with Zotero 7, please let us know in a new thread, not this thread. We can't troubleshoot problems in this thread.
  • There is one thing I miss about Zotero 6 and that is icons with color and text with higher contrast. For me, who has ADHD and autism, the grey icons tend to blend in with each other, especially considering that backgrounds are also gray, so it usually takes longer to find the right button in Zotero 7.

I can probably imagine that others prefer the more minimalist and modern suit (and I agree), but Zotero is a tool that should be effective, and then form must follow function - aesthetics give way to efficiency. So to satisfy everyone's needs - aesthetic and universal design - the opportunity to change this with different themes would be ideal. Something that probably shouldn't be very demanding to implement now that you can switch between dark and light themes?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u6115020/yel78yvuf7ap8o4jyq0s.png
  • Congratulations for Zotero 7: the look&feel is really fantastic now, functionalities good as ever! Many thanks!
  • Amazing job indeed! Thanks a lot.
    I have been using Zotero for many years and today, helping my partner to install it and start using it, I realised Zotero 7 was here.
    It is impecable.
    I missed ZotFile to manage my files and move them to my cloud directory, and just discovered that Zotmoov, compatible with Zotero 7 does the job smoothly.
    Great experience with this new very attractive look and functionalities.
  • The new HTML viewer and annotation tool is great. It was a pleasant surprise to see that Zotero 7 supports highlighting even in HTML snapshots, which can now be opened in the app.
  • Amazing! Zotero 7 is a joy to work with and the new design is pleasant. I'm overjoyed that I can annotate HTML pages within the application now. My workflow before this feature was a bit clunky, requiring me to convert everything to PDF first.
  • Mmmh all my plugin were disabled. Any way to re-enable them?
  • @fragrusti

Please, read "Improved Plugin Architecture" at https://www.zotero.org/blog/zotero-7/