Zotero 7 - GUI comment

Thanks very much for the update. I'm especially happy to have a native app on Apple silicon.

It could be my aging eyes, but I find some of the GUI choices make the experience less enjoyable.

For one the new outline icons are hard to distinguish from one another. The folders in particular look nearly identical to me. I find that the relatively slight change in color and the tiny little cog(?) in the Saved Searches, for example, is very hard to note quickly, especially as the lines are so thin. (I have no issues distinguishing colors, so that's not the issue for me.)

Another thing I notice is that the grey font on the light grey background (for example in the field titles in the item pane) is difficult to read, or at least annoyingly low-contrast.

Finally the small font in the drop-down for tags seem unnecessary. Drop-down or autocomplete menus are a standard part of GUIs and they normally use the same font size. The smaller size is again a bit harder to read.

None of these are deal-breakers, but they do make it less pleasant to use the app.

In contrast, not so difficult for me are the icons for the item types (book, article, etc), which feature a lot more filling and color, with different shapes that aid in quick identification.