Now available: Zotero 7

• Congrats and many thanks to the Zotero team!
  • Many many congratulations. Kudos to Zotero developers. I was thrilled when I saw the news here on the forums about the stable release of Zotero 7. The waiting is over!

I wrote a full blog in Kurdish about the new features of Zotero 7:
  • When will the ZotFile plugin be updated for Zotero 7?
  • @rjlyman101 Zotfile is not being updated to work in Zotero v7. The Zotfile-like plugins for Zotero v7 are zotmoov and attanger. Both provide similar support for linked attachment file handling. Zotfile's enhanced file renaming is now provided by Zotero v7's enhanced capabilities. Neither plugin offers Zotfile's send-to-tablet feature.
    https://github.com/wileyyugioh/zotmoov
    https://github.com/MuiseDestiny/zotero-attanger
    https://www.zotero.org/support/file_renaming#customizing_the_filename_format
  • As this thread grows longer, it might be worth repeating what was said in the opening message:

If you run into any problems with Zotero 7, please let us know in a new thread.
  • You guys are amazing! I love the new version. Although, it is a very small thing, it is so satisfying to have all icons in my dock in the "new" Big Sur squared design. :P

Zotero is invaluable for researchers and I hope you can keep up the great work.

Thank you so much!
  • I can't believe it's been 3 days and I hadn't heard of this!!
    Thank you!
  • Thank you so much for all your work, I love the new version! It's beautiful. Some improvements are exactly what I was previously wishing for. Others I didn't even realise I was missing but I love them already - especially the Smart Reference Popup!
    And there are also so many small improvements which make it even smoother to use e.g. when editing a citation in MS Word and typing [ctrl] + [arrow down] to the page number - the cursor is in the "page" field right away without needing to click into it. So much joy in one update!

Small note: I can imagine that a few people might get confused by what they need to do to get the Word "plug in" to work again. Maybe add a note that they can reinstall it via Settings > Cite > Word Processors in the Zotero 7 blog post underneath the "Smart Citing" section?
  • @elenahe: The Word plugin should be updated automatically.
  • Muchas gracias por su trabajo. Llevo utilizando Zotero 7 Beta y es una maravilla.
  • Thank you so much! Zotero está ótimo e muito bonito.
  • edited August 13, 2024
    @dstillman: Then I might have been too impatient. I got an error in Word after updating to the new version (also after rebooting the computer) which was easily solved using the steps I wrote down above.
  • edited August 13, 2024
    Looks wonderful, thanks to the ZOTERO-team. But, unfortunatley, the ZUTILO-plugin (which I got used so much) doesn't work. Is there any work-around for this problem? What I am peculiarly interested in is creating own shortcuts for certain actions, e.g. for »create book section« in ALT+CTRL+S. Best regards from very hot Germany, Guido
  • edited August 13, 2024
    Big kudos to the team - you all did some outstanding work over the past year(s). Very excited for upcoming mobile client features like epub support on iOS or WebDAV support on Android.
  • you made my day :)
    Deb file for linux is upgraded too.
    I'm still waiting for "Now available: Zotero for Android" : )
  • 为什么换了最新版之后所有插件都不能用了,插件于新版不兼容,是插件没更新的缘由吗?如果是,什么时候才能更新插件呢
  • @Mariya178: From the post:
    All plugins need to be updated for Zotero 7. If there’s a plugin you depend on, check with the plugin developer to see if a version is available for Zotero 7.
  • Thank you, everyone! More people at my workplace are switching to Zotero and now I have a shiny new things to show them!
  • Just prepping to teach Zotero to undergrads, and my linux box automatically upgrades... I'm so happy about this, now I don't have to point to zotfile so much :)

Congratulations all,

a fan.
  • Congratulations and thanks to all in the team, it's been an honour to follow your work over this beta cycle!

I think I'll hop off the 7.0.x betas, though, as with a thesis to write, it's probably a good idea to only use 100% tested and stable software from now on. ;)
  • This is the best news!!!
  • Huge congrats on this release! Thank you for all the work you put into this!
  • I just paid for cloud storage for the first time because I needed more storage... But the new dark mode is so sick it's worth the price alone!
  • Congratulations to the team! It is such a great upgrade that the new dark mode UI and ARM64 Windows support convinced me to jump on the beta train. Happy to switch back to stable (though the beta was actually quite solid).
  • This is so great and thank you!
  • A big thank you to the developers! This is amazing.

I've been using Zotero for a long time in my research, and I really, really liked Zotero 6. When I *really* like a tool that fits perfectly in my workflow, I often dislike changes, even if they are useful. But after using Zotero 7 for something like five seconds, I was already loving it. Now, after more serious use, I am liking Zotero 7 all the more.

Especially the new item pane, the header that allows bibliographic information and the showing related items, notes, previews and collections them item is just great.

A big thanks!
  • Congratulations on the big step!
  • This really is a nice little treat for the start of another semester.
  • Thank you very much for the great work. This is a spectacular release!