Date field for Podcast Item types

Why is there no date field for Podcast Item types?
  • no good reason, really. It will be added, but that process is non-trivial, so it'll still take some time.
  • Good to know.

Any chance of having projected estimate of time and/or when done?
  • not really, lot's of moving part. More than 3 months, less than 3 years?
  • (existing issue: https://github.com/citation-style-language/zotero-bits/issues/2 ; no need to comment there, it's clear this needs to change)
  • In the meantime, you can add a date by putting the date at the top of Extra like this:
    issued: 2013-08-31
  • Thanks for the feedback all.

Much appreciated.
  • Still longing for this field...
  • You can add it to Extra like this:
    Issued: 2019-03-28

This will get picked up by citations

• Not the ones I generated in APA or CMS (author-date)...
  • You get the date in full for APA in the bibliography; you only get the year in CMS (author-date). If you don't, you're likely not using the exact same structure for the Extra field.
  • You need to enter it exactly as I have. The word “issued”, a colon, a space, then the date in ISO format YYYY-MM-DD
  • Even if I put a "Date" or "Year" or "Issued" field in Extra, it doesn't show up in the "Year" or "Date" column in Zotero, and when I sort entries by year, it is sorted as not having a year.

It would be nice to be able to sort podcasts by date or year when I'm browsing my database.
  • The Extra field is a workaround, not a solution. Anything you put there will migrate to a proper field once that exists (but don't use "date" or "year" -- it needs to be "issued")