zotero could not be verified for use in firefox

Hi, on add-ons in Firefox for Zotero i get the message "zotero could not be verified for use in firefox. Procced with caution" for add-on " Zotero 4.0.28"
and on Add-on "Zotero Word for Mac Integration" i get the message "Zotero Word for Mac Itegration could not be verified for use in Firefox. Procced with caution"
After that, i can not refress my bibliografy on an existing word document and the firefox bugs.
I have msoffice for mac 2016 and the latest versions of firefox and zotero.
Before this everything was fine.
Thanks for reading this and i hope you'll find a sollution. Sorry for my English.
  • I forgot to say that allready i have reinstall annd refresh firefox and reinstall zotero, but the problem reimains
  • Hi,

I have the same problem but with a Windows PC, so it's with the adds-on "Zotero" et "Zotero Word for Windows integration". Firefox says it was not able to verify the adds-on.

My bibliographies in Word documents have bugs too, as I can see the whole details of each citation in the text : "{ADDIN ZOTERO_ITEM CSL_CITATION ....}".

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • wrt verification see:
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

though at this point this won't affect functionality.

@fanilou -- alt+F9 will hide the field codes in Word.

@lazaridisg1 -- what exactly is happening? "i can not refress my bibliografy on an existing word document and the firefox bugs." isn't specific enough: what happens when you try to refresh? What type of "bug"? Does it still work in a new doc?
  • it works in a new doc. the bug in firefox means that it is not corespond and i have to force to quit. in the existing word file refress botton does not work. and also if i put a new citation on the document it does not appear in the bibliografy.
  • OK - but what I have to do now, so I can use Zoero further. I see there is currently no way to use it, because it is blocked.(Beta)
  • See Dan's post here:
    https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/51110/zotero-addons-to-nightly-are-not-verified-disabled-on-win-10/#Item_5
    When running regular Firefox releases, Zotero will still work normally.
  • @ROSeidl It isn't clear that your problem is the same as the issue discussed above. I don't understand the nature of your problem.

Someone here may be better able to help if you ask using your home language.
  • no, the problem is perfectly clear -- Zotero will currently not work in beta, aurora, and nightly builds unless the xpinstall.signatures.required hidden preference is toggled.
  • edited August 13, 2015
    1309087737 is the report errors from zotero
  • Adamsmith is right. I have replaced the beta versions of Firefox and Zotero. Now everything works fine. Thanks
  • and this 1116066162 after the first
  • could you say which of the troubleshooting you've run through and with what results?
  • edited August 13, 2015
    when i go for refress bibliography, the only which happens is that firefox crush and can not refresh. other troubleshooting is that when i insert a citation for example the last one it appears the correct number , but in bibliography does not appear anything.
  • right, but the page I link to (https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents ) has a list of steps to take to try to fix this. Which of these have you followed?
  • copy paste, install units only that i could understand
  • hmmm - what's unclear about the other ones? Any word you don't understand?

And for the error report ID -- if Firefox crashes when you refresh the document (does it crash or freeze? If it freezes, how long have you let it run?) when it the report ID from? If it isn't after triggering a relevant error, it won't have any relevant information.
  • edited August 13, 2015
    i think the problem is with firefox and zotero because it says on add-ons: "zotero could not be verified for use in firefox. Procced with caution" for add-on " Zotero 4.0.28"
    And on Add-on: "Zotero Word for Mac Integration" i get the message "Zotero Word for Mac Itegration could not be verified for use in Firefox. Procced with caution" thats not appears on my pc windows 8.1 and ms office 365 personal. this is only on mac and mosaic 2016. But either on pc or mac happens that same problem with firefox crossing
  • no, those messages would appear on every computer with Firefox 40 installed. They're not the problem.
  • it saws me the circle continues turning. i wait for 3-4 minutes may be little more and when i push to stop firefox, it says firefox not corresponding. and wants to send message to the developers
  • OK, try to let it run for 15-20mins once. Don't worry about the not-responding message for now.
  • ok ill try it. i wish i found you after.
  • edited August 13, 2015
    nothing happens. and firefox freese
  • In a new blank document it works fine when i cite and enter bibliography. it does it only in the document i have already cite.
    i tried to copy and paste 2 paragraphs with the citations inside to the new blank document and it stuck when i tried to insert bibliography ( i don't know if i do it write). in the copy paste paragraphs with the citations from the old document, tried to make another citation. it worked with the wright number. but when i try to insert bibliography for these three citations it does nothing. I see only the firefox circle turning and i can not get into firefox
  • odd. What citation style? What happens when you try to switch to a different one?
  • vancuver. style. but when i am trying to switch to different... i am still waitting.I speak for the old document.
  • How big is the document? How many citations total?
    If you split the document in two, do you have the same issue with both halves of the document?
  • i've tried with two paragraphs and two citations in new word document but nothing happens. but tell me the steps off copy and paste to new document. i copy the paragraphs with the two citations and pasted them to the new document and then i push insert bibliography. is this correct?
  • select a citation style for the new document under Set Document Preferences before pasting to it. Otherwise yes, what you say.