The field code in this document is corrupted

I have upgraded my zotero data base and plugins for firefox and OpenOffice.org to the new beta version. Operation system is Ubuntu linux 10.10. The version of plugings are as follows: for Firefox (v.3.6.12) - 2.1b1 and for OpenOffice.org (v.3.2.1) is 3.1a1.

If I try to update all the citations in my OpenOffice.org document then I get the error: "The field code in this document is corrupted". All the papers cited are presented in my bibliography, but zotero can't find them. Every update leads to finding them by hand because of dropped links. It is a huge work in case I use a numerous bibliographical sources, putted in a text through previous 2.0 version.

Is there a way to escape the troubles appeared? Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Can you provide a report ID after re-triggering the error?
  • The number is as follows:
  • I've been having the same problem with an identical configuration. Upon update to Zotero 2.1 beta, I am prompted to update existing Open Office documents. After doing so any attempts to refresh or add citations, or to change bibliographic style settings, result in a dialogue box "The Zotero field code corresponding to this citation ... has been corrupted" appearing for each citation field in the document. Selecting "no" has no visible effect in documents with many citations, but removed field codes (as expected) in a test document with only 3 citations. Thanks for any suggestions!

Report ID: 975917308
  • This is a bug in Zotero 2.1b1. We'll try to get out a 2.1b2 that will take care of it in the next few days.
  • I am looking forward for the 2.1b2 version.
  • I am getting the same problem. The Zotero field code corresponding to this citations w which tells Zotero which item in your library this citations represents has been corrupted. I am using Word (Mac) with Firefox and up to date on Zotero 2.0.9. This started half way through a document and now I am stuck with and cannot continue my writing. Is there a quick fix to this? What has happened? Do I need to rebuild my index? How? Help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Stan, do you have track changes on?
  • 1. Yes I did when I was having the problem - and in a blank document without track changes I did not have that problem. However, I previously used track changes and zotero without this error message

2. On the weekend I replaced my hard drive if that is relevant. I cloned my old drive to the newer bigger one using Mac Disk Utilities and installed the new drive. Everything seems to work perfectly - but in case that is relevant....
  • edited January 26, 2011
    Accept any changes involving a Zotero field (or just accept all of the changes, or reject them), turn track changes off, and refresh the document. As far as I know, the only case where people have reported this and it can't be corrected by reselecting the item is when a field becomes corrupted in one of the tracked changes. Zotero can't fix the field, since the changes themselves aren't editable, so you get an error message.
  • Thanks for that quick turnaround. OK seems to have worked. It makes perfect sense.