Zotero 7: Clicking links of EPUB and HTML annotation doesn't bring me to the highlight location

edited August 30, 2023
In Zotero 6, dragging highlight into a Markdown-based note-taking apps will result in links such as:

“13.1 naming an ether” ([Klein, 2017, p. 558](zotero://select/library/items/R4XU76E9)) ([pdf](zotero://open-pdf/library/items/WCT6V3QH?page=578&annotation=YY3X9LPP))

And clicking the pdf link (zotero://open-pdf[…]) will bring me to the highlight location in Zotero. In Zotero 7, clicking this link for EPUB and HTML doesn't do anything. Is this feature not yet supported for EPUB and HTML files? If it's indeed hasn't been supported, If I make annotations now, will it work in the future when the feature is supported?

Also now that Zotero supports EPUB and HTML annotation, will the URI "zotero://open-pdf" change in the future (into something such as zotero://open-epub and zotero://open-html or Zotero will just use zotero://open-pdf for all 3 types of attachment?)

Another bug in Zotero 7 is that when clicking the highlight annotation for PDF, it takes me to the highlight location, but there's no flashing and color changing effect as in Zotero 6. It makes finding a highlight a bit harder if the page is annotated densely.