Dragging PDFs out of Zotero broken, removes them from library?

I used to be able to drag files out of the Zotero window to export the PDF, however now when I do this it exports the file, but after that if I try to open the attachment again in Zotero it says file not found.

This wasn’t the case before, e.g. https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/34502/exporting-pdf-files

Is this a bug?

I’m on macOS Ventura if that matters, Zotero 6.0.18.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for dragging an attachment out and then trying to open it in Zotero?
  • Interestingly, when trying to reproduce the behavior I couldn’t at first because the problem only happens on certain items, not all. I am not sure what those items have in common vs the other items where the problem doesn’t happen.

I’ve reproduced it and submitted debug ID D934856645.
  • And you're sure the file exists before the drag and that it's actually being copied to the new location?

Does this happen with all plugins disabled?

Are you running any third-party software that interacts with the clipboard?

If you can reproduce this with all plugins disabled, can you make a screen recording of this happening and email it to us at support@zotero.org with a link to this thread?

(Also note that, while this obviously shouldn't happen, the reason the file isn't automatically downloaded is because it hasn't been uploaded to the online library. Otherwise Zotero would just download the file when you tried to open it.)
  • Yes I’m 100% sure the file exists.

However I can’t reproduce it reliably. If I drag the PDF out of an item once (e.g. onto my Desktop) it’s gonna say PDF  not found when I  get back to Zotero, and if I drag it one more time the problem doesn’t show up. To be honest I don’t really have time to disable/enable plugins while playing with it and make a video right now.

I’m not running any software that interacts with the clipboard.
This discussion has been closed.