Announcing Zotero 6 and Zotero for iOS

edited March 18, 2022
We've just released Zotero 6 and Zotero for iOS.

We're incredibly grateful to everyone who helped test the betas and provided feedback over the last year (and thanks to everyone who couldn't get into the iOS app beta for their patience!).

If you're running the Zotero 6 beta and would like to switch back to the production version, you can simply reinstall Zotero from the download page. Your data won't be affected.

Same for iOS — if you're running the beta, you can install the app from the App Store over your current version. We'll likely create a new TestFlight group in the coming days for people who want to continue using beta versions.

If something you were hoping for didn't make it into these releases, stay tuned. There's a lot more to come!

If you have a question about Zotero 6 or iOS, let us know in a new thread.
  • Thank you for this wonderful tool. I love the update.
  • This is a major milestone and fantastic work by the dev team and contributors. You must feel very proud. Well done to everyone involved.
  • Congratulations! Very nice!!
  • Congratulations! And thank to all of you!
  • Congratulations! I am grateful for all efforts and hard works by the developers. I cannot wait to try the Zotero for IOS, which I have been waiting since long ago. It is a huge step today.
  • What a nice tool and an amazing update! Thank you so much!
  • THANK YOU!
  • Son cambios maravillosos, muchas gracias por todo el trabajo que realizan!!!
  • May I suggest that beta-testers leave a (great) review on the Apple site. I did.
  • Congratulations - amazing work! Thank you so much!
  • edited March 18, 2022
    Yay! Congratulations!

Now how do we put out an APB for an Android developer? I wanna use Zotero natively on my Boox Note Air.
  • I don't pay for storage on any other cloud service, but I do on Zotero, because it's a good product with a good mission, and I hope other people do the same!

Thank you for your work!
  • 等了快一年,终于来了,双喜临门了啊啊啊,谢谢开发者大大~Mac端终于能用Safari插件了!
  • Yessss! Thank you so much for your outstanding dedication. I'm literally deep in discover for the best annotation solution across all my OS devices, but without confidence in any. Just today I had a thought that I need only wait till Zoterro releases their iOS to be cured of my malious software ailment.
  • Wow! great timing! I just joined the community! Thank you! Life-changing material here. Nothing makes me happier than writing and having all my notes in order!!!

I appreciate this so much. Words can't say enough about the joy I feel. Thank you.

The app is magnificent. Everything Zot is magnificent.
  • Thank you for all the hard work.
  • Congratulations and thank you for the incredible tool!
  • Fantastic - thank you for all your hard work!
  • edited March 18, 2022
    excellent!
    Been using the Beta for the past month and it has been a great experience! Certainly there is no way i'm going back to Mendeley.

well done and thank you for the hard work!
  • edited March 18, 2022
    It's great that I can now view PDFs within Z6. It's such a great additional functionality for me.
  • The new features are great! I am already making use of them :-) Cheers!
  • Fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work.

Just one question: What about an Android app? As far as I understand the current Zotero apps for android (unofficial) do not support syncing annotations with Zotero's database.
  • That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind!
  • Excited to see the iOS app, thank you so much for helping research community with a free but insanely good software. Zotero-rocks!
  • Well done on the release!
  • @j.cossio - There was a question elsewhere on the forum on the Android app. Zotero currently has a job ad out for a developer.
  • Wow I'm loving the improved Notes function and blown away that I can access this system on my phone. Zotero is now absolutely my desert island app!
  • Awesome! Best tool you can find, especially combined with iOS!
  • Amazing work!
  • Woohoo!! They both look fantastic! Thank you
This discussion has been closed.