In Primo VE, Zotero Connector not recognizing individual items, only lists

Zotero Connector is not recognizing when an individual item record is opened in Primo VE. When I open a list of results using Primo VE in Chrome, the Zotero Connector shows a folder icon. When I open the record for an individual item, there is still the folder icon. When I click the folder icon when the individual item is open, a popup shows the list of results with checkboxes, just as if I hadn't opened the individual item.
  • Technically this is still a multi-item view with just one item in the foreground. Primo VE does have an actual single item view (e.g. Rutgers here: https://bit.ly/2TFVsnV )
    and that shows a book & imports individually.

Getting the book item for the pseudo-single view might be more fragile than is worth it.
  • I think this might be resolved in the Primo November release
  • Dear all,
    Have you recently noticed that permalinks from PrimoVE are incorrectly imported from Zotero connector?
    Only domain url of the catalogue is imported, not the link to the single item in the catalogue.
    This could be fixed in a way or another ?
    Best regards,
    Anna Couthures-Idrizi
  • Could you post a (working) permalink to an item that's affected (even if all on a given catalog are)?
  • The item imports without any permalink and I'd assume it always has -- we can see if we can add the permalink as an attached link, but the domain URL is in the Library Catalog field, so that *should* be the same for all items
  • I'm not sure I understood well.
    The point is not to have the whole permalink in URL zotero field, but in the Library Catalogue field.
  • That's not what the Library Catalog field is or has ever been for. It indicates the database/library catalog an item was imported from.
  • OK, so could it be imported in the URL field..?
  • If anything, it would be added as an attached link, but we have to see if we can do this (i.e. if this is in any data we can reasonably extract)
  • Just adding my support for this - if it's possible to save the item permalink in some way, that would be great. Having the item permalink saved would make it much easier to go back to the record to request the physical copy or see if it's checked out.
  • Not a strong reason against permalink, but note that you can use the library lookup function for that: https://www.zotero.org/support/locate#library_lookup