371517655 Connector plug-in POPUP stopped working

Error Log says: [JavaScript Error: "The connection was refused when attempting to contact wss://stream.zotero.org/."]
[JavaScript Error: "WebSocket connection closed: 1006 "]

When I use the firefox connector no popup occurs anymore and no snapshot is saved to Zotero...
HOWEVER, when I drag and drop the (i) icon from the URL onto Zotero (running) in task bar it works fine! How can this be fixed ?? I got an update of Zotero just last week. Very frustrating!!!
Zotero is something that I'm not prepared to live WITHOUT. Its very awesome. Please advise.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
Mr. Phil
  • None of the tranlastor resets have worked in getting the POP-UP notice to work again. Like I said, I can drag a url's icon to the windows task bar and drop it on Zotero and it works that way and saves the snap-shot. If it works manually drag-n-drop, then why would it be a translator problem for the zotero connector? Something is keeping the pop-up from working when invoked from the firefox add-on bar. Here is what the error log is saying today...

[JavaScript Error: "Frame not found, or missing host permission" {file: "undefined"}]

[JavaScript Error: "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"]
  • Drag&drop is a very different operation than clicking the Save to Zotero icon.

Please see the last step (14.) of the linked troubleshooting guide and provide all information requested there. These guides are written to exclude common errors and then allow you to give us the information we need to troubleshoot your issue.
  • 1 The exact URL of a page that isn't working (even if none are)
    --https://www.liberty.edu/center-for-research-scholarship/

2 A Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for a save attempt or, if you're only getting a webpage icon, for loading the page.
    --There is no debug report... instead error reads "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"

3 What it says in the popup when you try to save (e.g., “Saving to My Library” or “Saving to zotero.org”)
    -- there IS NO POPUP occurring. AT ALL.

4 The name of the translator from step 8, if applicable
    -- unknown...the debug report will not work either. Neither will the ping test; it never responds, it just waits for response but times out I think.
  • I ran the debug report from Zotero SA (not the connector) and got the debug report submitted with the following ID:
    Debug ID D722399050
  • edited November 14, 2019
    2 A Debug ID from the Zotero Connector for a save attempt or, if you're only getting a webpage icon, for loading the page.
    --There is no debug report... instead error reads "HTTP request has timed out after 15000ms"
    Do you mean that you're getting an error when you try to submit the debug output?
    4 The name of the translator from step 8, if applicable
    -- unknown
    Sorry, the numbering was out of date. It's referring to Step 10. It can't be unknown.
    Neither will the ping test; it never responds, it just waits for response but times out I think.
    By "ping test", you're referring to this page? If you're saying that you can't load http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/ping in Firefox when Zotero is open, there's a more general problem on your system that you'll need to resolve using the suggestions on that page.
  • The page loads, but there is a "waiting on 127.0.0.1:23119" message and never any response. Its supposed to say "zotero is unavailable" or something similar. I can backup the database, uninstall Zotero, and it firefox connector. Then reload everything and re-import the database. Is that what you are implying needs to be done? That is the ONLY thing I've not done on that whole page... Does the debug report not give you any kind of clue (Debug ID D722399050)?
  • Here are the things to look at from the ping test page:

If you're able to load that URL but the Connector shows Zotero as unavailable, or if you're able to load the URL in another browser but not the one with the Connector, try these steps:
    - Uninstall and reinstall the Zotero Connector.
    = Temporarily disable any browser extensions that may block network requests, such as AdBlock, uBlock Origin, NoScript, EFF Privacy Badger, or Request Policy. If the Connector stops saying that Zotero is offline, reenable each extension one at a time and, if the problem recurs, whitelist 127.0.0.1 port 23119 in the extension's settings.
    - If you can't load that URL and your computer is connecting via a proxy server, ensure that the host 127.0.0.1 (an alias for your computer itself) is excluded from proxying, and then check http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/ping again.
    - If you can't load that URL, temporarily disable any security software running on your system. If http://127.0.0.1:23119/connector/ping starts working, reenable each piece of software one at a time and, if the problem recurs, whitelist 127.0.0.1 port 23119 in the software's settings.
    You're saying you've done all of that? If so, it's helpful to let us know what sort of troubleshooting you've already performed. You've mentioned none of these steps so far.

"waiting on 127.0.0.1:23119" very much sounds like a misconfigured proxy or security software.
  • Do these error messages mean anything to y'all... I've removed and reinstalled the connector in Firefox but still not working from the connector in the add-on bar.

Timestamp: 11/21/2019 5:09:33 PM
    Warning: unreachable code after return statement
    Source File: resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://zotero/bluebird/util.js
    Line: 201, Column: 4
    Source Code:
    eval(obj);

Timestamp: 11/21/2019 5:09:33 PM
    Warning: Unknown property ‘user-select’. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: chrome://zotero/skin/overlay.css
    Line: 647, Column: 12
    Source Code:
    user-select: text;
  • edited November 22, 2019
    No, those aren't relevant.

But we can't help you if you don't answer our questions. Please respond to adamsmith's post above if you want further help here.