Zotero is not responding

2»
  • Hi again to everyone. Zotero freezes on 3 different machines (one of them is not even linked to my account - just a fresh installation). Can anyone help me how to troubleshoot this issue?
  • edited May 15, 2018
    @mu-sick: Is there any non-standard software (e.g., security software) that's common to the 3 machines? This is most likely caused by a conflict with something else on the system.

Does disabling the network fix it on all of the computers?

See below.
  • edited May 15, 2018
    Actually, have you installed the latest Windows 10 update?

It looks like there was a known issue with the April 2018 update causing various apps (including Firefox, which would likely mean Zotero as well) to freeze, but it was supposedly fixed in the latest version. Make sure you have OS Build 17134.48 or later.
  • I reinstall Windows 10, and Zotero works.
  • hi dstillman and thanks for your help. I have all latest updates, actually uninstalled zotero and installed again without any success. I also have the same problems with other Firefox related apps, Thunderbird and Postbox (but not Firefox itself).
  • If you're still experiencing this, check if you have the setting described here enabled, and see if disabling it fixes the problem.