Zotero integration error

• @adamsmith:
    thanks for your immediate reply. I will update you in several hours, since I am in the middle of work right now...
  • It'd probably be worth it to try to install Zotero Standalone (and obviously share the database with Zotero for Firefox). Best I can tell, there's only a single report of this with Standalone--parny above--so it's at least worth a try to get this working.
  • OK. I happened to restart my computer, and the problem is still here.
    The only thing that I can think about is that by the time I first reported on the problem till my update about the problem being "solved", the computer had been closed for more than a day. That's it... :-(

Is there anything new about solving this mysterious problem?

P.S. I use both Zotero for Firefox and Zotero Standalone, so I sadly have to say that I don't think the solution mentioned above is the suitable one... and again thank you adamsmith.
  • Ok, I have news.
    I get the Integration Error with Zotero Standalone (fine with LO).
    However, I installed Zotero for Firefox and with that running, the Integration Error with Word disappears.
    I prefer to use standalone, but at least there's a work around now.
    HTH.
  • Hello everybody,

I had the same issue and I reinstalle firefox 35.1 and now zotero is working again!
    I hope it would help some of you!

(https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/47140/zotero-could-not-load-the-component-required-to-communicate-with-your-word-processor/#Item_0)
  • "Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again"

I have:
    zord 2007
    firefox 36.0
    zotero for firefox
    zoterowordintegration 3.1.18
    all applications are in spanish

I reinstall all. no change!!!

I run debug and this is the result:
    Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Archivos%20de%20programa/Mozilla%20Firefox/chrome.manifest'.
    Failed to load native module at path 'C:\Documents and Settings\XP User\Datos de programa\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\y2rgujaw.default\extensions\zoteroWinWordIntegration@zotero.org\components-36.0\zoteroWinWordIntegration.dll': (80070057) error 127
    Could not read chrome manifest 'file:///C:/Archivos%20de%20programa/Mozilla%20Firefox/browser/extensions/%7B972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd%7D/chrome.manifest'.

and a lot of more errors!!!
    I hope help!! please!!!
  • @parny - which version of Firefox?
  • Firefox 36.0
    word 2007
    Not standalone
  • right, I saw that. I was asking parny, who said he got it to work with Firefox above, specifically.
  • Hi,
    Add me...
    Same thing : impossible to connect zotero to FF.
    FF36
    Z 4.0.26
    ZW 3.1.8
    Word 2010

I have problem since last week(but I didn't use since couple of months). I succeed to get it works thursday and friday after a lot of desinstallation, reinstallation, close-open. So I can't say what was the good sequence. And today, it still didn't work and I have to find it before the end of the day (grant deadline!).
    I tried in empty FF profile having just Zotero and ZoteroWord and it doesn't help, so I don't think it's incompatibility with other addons.
    I'm in a corporate environement, so I can't deactivate firewall. I'm not on a proxy. But it works before and I don't think something was changed on this side.
    Mel
  • If you're in a pinch, you could try installing the ESR version of Firefox--if this is Firefox 36 related, that should work. But right now we're still somewhat in the dark, so no guarantees:
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/faq/
  • @adamsmith - Firefox 36.0
  • Hello,
    Same thing aswell, "zotero intergraive error" when I try to use Zotero with Word since Monday!

FF 36.0
    Microsoft office Word 2007
    Z 4.0.26.1
    ZW 3.1.18

Gael
  • edited March 3, 2015
    On the computers in my organization (corporate intranet) we find the same error problem with word-zotero integration

Windows XP SP3
    FF 36.0
    Microsoft Office Word 2007
    Zotero 3.1.18
    Zotero Scholar Citations 1.8.8
    ZotFile 4.1.3

At the same PC with PORTABLE FireFox, Zotero-Word works well (no error message)
  • Everyone reporting these errors, could you please submit an Error ID and a Debug Log covering an attempt to use the Word integration.
  • Debug ID: D1211308943
    Report ID: 755520340

Windows XP SP3
    Firefox 36.0
    Zotero for Firefox 4.0.26.1
    Zotero LibreOffice Integration 3.5.9
    Zotero Word for Windows integration 3.1.18
    Microsoft Office Standard 2010
    NOD32 Antivirus 8
    All applications are localized in Czech. Only Word integration does not work.
  • Hello all,

Same error message: "Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again."

With: firefox 36
    Word 2010
    Zotero 4.0.26.1
    Zotero word for windows integration 3.1.18

My PhD thesis is approaching. Please help me !

Have a nice day

Oliver F17
  • my debug ID : D1356031068

Oliver F17
  • report ID: 1567967002
  • Installing Zotero Standalone and sharing the data directory with Firefox (as suggested by adamsmith above) should definitely work.

The issue that @parny is experiencing is probably unrelated to this general problem.
  • For those who have a deadline: for a quick solution just downgrade your firefox and everything is working again :)
  • thank you Aurimas and Adamsmith
    It works with standalone

Oliver F17
  • Thank you all for help.
    Standalone works.
  • Report ID : 101009469
    Debug ID : D1522658479
  • Debug ID : D2088814344
  • A new version of the Word plugin is now out that should fix this issue. Your version should update automatically within a day or two, or you can update manually from the Firefox Add-ons pane or from the installation page. (If you're not running Windows XP and are still having trouble, start a new thread, since your issue is different.)
  • It works !!!
    :-)
  • Thanks to Dan and/or your team for your efficacy. It works again. :-)
    Mel
  • (Aurimas and Simon get the credit for tracking this down. Note, though, that while this issue was ultimately fixable, Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, including for security updates in most cases. We generally don't support End-of-Life software, so we can't guarantee that there won't be further issues in the future. People running XP should upgrade to later Windows versions if at all possible.)
  • @aurimas no, didn't resolve my issue unfortunately. Do you want me to start a new thread?