Library data sync problem (Error report ID: 575852648)

Hi:

I'm having problems synching my Zotero data since yesterday (it worked fine before that). Error report ID is 575852648. The error suddenly occurred as I was adding a few bibliographic references - the synching process could never complete; the new data is neither uploaded to Zotero's online server, nor synched to Zotero's desktop app installed on other devices.

I'm using Zotero desktop app in two different PCs: home and my job's. The desktop app on my home PC is version 5.0.96.3., this is the one affected by synch problems. In my job's PC I use a portable version- with no installer -, can't remember the version # for this one. ., the other one but it gives no synch error - I tested it today -, but it obviously doesn't get the updated data I entered on my home PC's Zotero app since the error.

In my home PC, I have Zotero configured to store only bibliographic information to Zotero's online server, while the attached files are stored on WebDAV. I've checked the WebDAV configuration several times, it doesn't report any error with that.

I have no idea how/why this happened, nor how to proceed to fix the issue. Anibody could please help?

• Update: Synch error now is affecting only attached files synched through WebDAV (my WebDAV server is pCloud, have plenty of remaining free space on it and I've checked the configuration and it's correct). New error ID: 1866899758. Bibliographic info is now correctly synched to Zotero server. Please help on how to solve WebDAV issue.
  • [JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/EYKGSPG5 failed"]
    [JavaScript Error: "Su servidor WebDAV devolvió un error HTTP 403 por una solicitud GET

Si recibe repetidamente este mensaje, verifique la configuración de su servidor WebDAV o contacte con el administrador del mismo.

URL: https://[********@ewebdav.pcloud.com/zotero/EYKGSPG5.prop" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage/webdav.js" line: 1494}]
    This isn't a data sync problem — it's a 403 Forbidden error from your WebDAV server. Zotero doesn't even try to sync files until after data syncs, so there's no way this could've been affecting data.
    [JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/ZWSV9TES failed"]
    [JavaScript Error: "Request timed out"]
    And this is the request to your WebDAV server timing out.

You'll need to ask your WebDAV provider for help, switch to a different WebDAV provider, or use Zotero Storage. This isn't a problem in Zotero.
  • edited November 29, 2021
    Note that other people have reported problems with pCloud recently:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/93178/ios-webdav-error-with-pcloud-eu-the-network-connection-was-lost

If you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a server verification failure or a sync attempt that fails we can tell you exactly what's failing, but ultimately this is a problem with your provider.
  • PCloud user here. I also had issues with file syncing after the server outage yesterday. The iOS app was somehow uploading files to the Zotero server while being set to WebDAV. I was only able to fix this by deleting and reinstalling the iOS app.
    In general, I haven’t had pCloud WebDAV issues for quite a while now. (NB, the good thing about PaperShip was that it reported precise error messages, e.g. 403 or 401, or 503 yesterday, so some users at least knew where to complain.) I use the good old sever address: https://webdav.pcloud.com:443
  • Hi, distillman. OK, I get it, it's no longer a Zotero server issue. Have no idea how to deal with this new pCloud WebDAV sync issue, though. I'll be following the other thread on pCloud WebDAV you pointed to - hope someone comes up with the right diagnose i.e. sollution there.

Erdoke, I use the European pCloud WebDAV server adress: https://ewebdav.pcloud.com:443 (the other address doesn't work for me). Never had any issues with it before. Apparently, this issue just popped up right after the Zotero server sync issue was solved.