Feature Request Zotero Beta (Windows) + iOS Beta (iPad): ePUB reading

124»
  • edited December 5, 2022
    Thanks @adamsmith and @DWL-SDCA .

From my perspective I think it's nowhere clear how the team respond to feature requests at all. While it is encouraged to post them here, and well, a forum is about communication, a response of any kind would be worth. You can't just expect people to put feature requests into the void here and wait for years. Also, quite apparently here, it's not clear that +1 don't help as such. Yes, you can search for certain posts to understand that, but that's not what people do - it might be better to inform about the process elsewhere at signup or when creating a request. Or as an announcement as this platform is rather oldboned.

If you're a aware of certain feature requests, but have much to do, a quick post suffices. There were also ideas for implementation here, which also received no answer - if more than "+1" is wanted, a response helps. For what I read, many similar feature requests also got no answer. For years.

There is - at least in this forum - no other form of response than an written answer.

I understand that there is more work for the team than time, but it doesn't work to expect feature requests without handling those.
  • If dev could comment on the future aspects of the possiblity of including epub format on Zotero I belive many users will appriciate this. Epub is a very important format and becomes more important as the time goes by.
  • edited December 7, 2022
    Don't wanna spam the thread, but I'd like to +1
  • It is however perfectly possible to save epubs in Zotero and send it with Zotfile to tablet and read in prefered ereader, same situation that worked for pdf for many years. But of course, Zotfile will not be able to extract the annotations from it afterwards.
  • This would be an incredibly useful addition. +10
  • +1 (the same article I was just reading in PDF was >1mb, but in epub only 38kb. I am loving https://www.epubread.com for reading the files as foxit chokes on epub but how about native in zotero?
  • The ability to attach or link an epub file in Zotero and then to extract the table of contents and annotations would be tremendously useful. I would pay for it! Btw, how much it would cost to add this feature? Thanks