About Add-on on WPS Office

Dear developers and all the friends here. I do hope that we can have the add-on that supports WPS... Now I am using the Deepin Linux and I prefer WPS... As you may know some students in China might use WPS more often...
Based on this, I do hope those who are good at coding (maybe) can contribute to add-on on WPS...
Many thanks to developers and all the zotero supprters...
  • I thought WPS Office provides a Zotero add-on?
  • edited April 2, 2021
    @MingChen8090 This has been addressed numerous times on the forums. WPS Office has no documentation for how to develop plugins (at least not in English) and as such it is not even clear if a plugin like that is possible. Moreover WPS Office users constitute too small a userbase of Zotero for us to devote time to developing a plugin, but WPS Office developers can create a Zotero plugin themselves. You should talk to WPS Office developers about this.

@adamsmith You're probably thinking of TextMaker from SoftMaker
  • @MingChen8090 Zotero provides all of the hooks for any software to add Zotero integration themselves. For example, TextMaker and RStudio both have Zotero integration that they have built themselves and maintain. That is what WPS would need to do as well.
  • @adomasven and@bwiernik, it is so great to hear from you. I agree that WPS has not so many uses worldwide... I will try to contact the WPS team...
    Thank you so much!
  • @Eric_MCR

Is three any progress about the zotero Add-on on WPS Office?
  • @bigben446 No more progress. It's about the personal choice of writing processor, WPS or Office?
  • Same problem here - I use WPS, but Zotero doesn't work in it. WPS is the same as Microsoft Word everywhere except for the Zotero function... sad about this.
  • @suyiliu As has been said many times above, this is something that WPS needs to implement. You need to raise issues with them. Posting about it here will not help—Zotero has done everything it can to make a WPS plugin possible.
  • Yes @bwiernik That's true. Let us end the discussion here. My colleagues and I have contacted WPS team a few times so far and they would consider it. To those who want to use WPS to write their essays, you should email WPS directly. I think the addon will be available soon.
  • Is three any progress about the zotero Add-on on WPS Office?

WPS offical mail addriess is:
    wps@wps.cn
    wps_linux@wps.cn
  • Dear Bigben. I am saying that there is no progress about it but a preference of editing processor.
  • @bigben446 i found that on wps professional Version,thezotero add on works,but with some defects, it alert "Zotero在更新文档时出错。您要查看故章排除说明吗?",but close it, it works like word, all button are functional.
  • I've just made an addon for WPS Writer, it's compatible with the documents created in Windows/MS Word.

https://github.com/tankwyn/WPS-Zotero