About Add-on on WPS Office

Dear developers and all the friends here. I do hope that we can have the add-on that supports WPS... Now I am using the Deepin Linux and I prefer WPS... As you may know some students in China might use WPS more often...
Based on this, I do hope those who are good at coding (maybe) can contribute to add-on on WPS...
Many thanks to developers and all the zotero supprters...
  • I thought WPS Office provides a Zotero add-on?
  • edited 17 days ago
    @MingChen8090 This has been addressed numerous times on the forums. WPS Office has no documentation for how to develop plugins (at least not in English) and as such it is not even clear if a plugin like that is possible. Moreover WPS Office users constitute too small a userbase of Zotero for us to devote time to developing a plugin, but WPS Office developers can create a Zotero plugin themselves. You should talk to WPS Office developers about this.

@adamsmith You're probably thinking of TextMaker from SoftMaker
  • @MingChen8090 Zotero provides all of the hooks for any software to add Zotero integration themselves. For example, TextMaker and RStudio both have Zotero integration that they have built themselves and maintain. That is what WPS would need to do as well.
  • @adomasven and@bwiernik, it is so great to hear from you. I agree that WPS has not so many uses worldwide... I will try to contact the WPS team...
    Thank you so much!