Tags not syncing with Chrome connector

I have a workflow for a major scientific network that is very reliant on Zotero. When saving a paper, I add a tag to identify which of our sites it's associated with. Recently, I've noticed that those tags are not getting saved to the desktop record.

I noticed it first in the old Chrome connector, so I installed the new one, but am seeing the same behavior.
  • You're saying you're expanding the save popup, adding a tag in the Tags box, pressing Return (or clicking Done?), and the tag isn't appearing on the new item in Zotero? Do you have Zotero open, or are you saving directly to zotero.org?

What do you mean by "old Chrome connector" and "new one"? There's only one Chrome connector, and it auto-updates within a few hours of its release like all other Chrome extensions.

Can you provide a Debug ID from Zotero for a save for which you've entered a tag in the save popup?
  • Yes, exactly. Save popup is expanded, I add a tag (or two or three) and hit done. When I open the info pane for the recently added item (in the desktop app, not zotero.org) the tag isn't there.

Here's the debug ID I just uploaded: D755913455.
    Thanks!
  • Here's a cleaner version (I think): D1942301223. Regarding the versions -- when I removed and reinstalled the connector, it came up with a different icon - so I assumed they were different versions.
  • edited 24 days ago
    [JavaScript Error: "item is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/itemPane.js" line: 109}]
    Zotero Scholar Citations (1.9.3, extension)
    Disable "Zotero Scholar Citations" and try again.
    Regarding the versions -- when I removed and reinstalled the connector, it came up with a different icon - so I assumed they were different versions.
    Do you mean the icon for the save button in the toolbar? That's not a version thing — it just might show a Z when the extension is first loaded, before you start navigating to webpages.
  • I've disabled all the add ons (including Word and Libre Office integrations as well as Zotero Scholar citations) and it still happens. In fact -- it's not just the manually-added keywords that aren't syncing, none of them are coming over.

I'm adding from Web of Science and I know that they just made a bunch of changes. I'll try from another source in a minute and let you know what happens. Meanwhile, here's the latest debug ID: D495047485.
  • From Pubmed: The automated keywords come over, but not the manually added ones.
    From Springer: None of the keywords come over.
    From ResearchGate: None of the keywords come over.
    Thanks, Marty
  • I am experiencing the same issue with Zotero Connector on Firefox (84.0).
  • @dstillman Any insight on this? Thanks.