Suggestion: Support for different citation styles in one document

I'm writing a systematic literature review that uses APA 6th for citation style. When I customize the citations in the text, they are "corrected" back to the original style requiring that I go through the document and fix everything.

There are 3 styles that I would like to use:

1. In-text citation: Years are getting shorter with little time available (Gilmour, Mason, Waters, & Wright, 1973).
2. In-text citation, year only: Waters (1973) found that lunatics are known to frequent the grass.
3. Articles matching the theme of Lunar Dark Sides: Gilmour, Waters, 1973; Mason, 1973; Wright, Torry, 1973.

It would be great if the Word plugin had an option that you could select a particular type of citation. Either as a separate button, or a dropdown when selecting the source.
  • There seems to be a long discussion on how to implement point 2 (as the name is grammatically part of the sentence) but switching between 1 and 3 would be great and seems rather simple (e.g. checkbox that would allow to not just suppress the author but also the brackets). So count me in on those waiting for this feature to be implemented.