Automation has no Zotero for Zotero 7 beta

Report ID 1460908629

Macbook Pro M1
Ventura 13.4
Word 16.73 (23051401)
Zotero-7.0.0-beta.7+7c902d40a

Hi,
Zotero 7 beta fixed my screen flickering issues as suggested here https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/369736/#Comment_369736 (even though my monitor is just 60 Hz). However, the Word plugin gave a Missing Permissions error with instructions to turn them on. Word was still checked in System settings > Privacy and Security > Automation > Zotero. I tried to uncheck and re-check, reinstall the Word plugin via Zotero preferences and restart Word, and reboot, with the effect that Automation lost the Zotero item as reported here https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/99841/please-help-nothing-in-automation-to-grant-permission-to-zotero-in-mac . Erasing the privacy settings did not get Zotero back into Automation.
I went back and forth a few times between Zotero 6.0.26 and 7 beta and regained/lost functionality of the Word plugin. The Zotero entry in Automation switched somewhat unpredictably between Zotero, Zotero 6, and no Zotero, with Word checked whenever there was an entry in Automation. A working Automation preference with Zotero 6 was either called Zotero 6 or just Zotero. I never saw two entries, nor Zotero 7. I also trashed Word and reinstalled, and now over night reinstalled Ventura from Recovery because of the buggy Automation preference pointed to in the above discussion.

Right now, it looks like this:
Zotero 7 is installed
Word has a Zotero ribbon, but using it puts up the error message
"Missing Permissions
Zotero does not have permission to control Word. To grant this permission:
1) Open System Settings
2) Select “Privacy & Security” in the left column
3) Select “Automation”
4) Find “Zotero” and click the arrow to expand it
5) Make sure “Microsoft Word” is enabled under “Zotero”
6) Restart Word"
Automation does not have a Zotero entry
Zotero Tools > Add-Ons does not have a Word plugin to enable (I did not pay attention to this when using Zotero 6)

I guess I just use Zotero 6 for now, or is there something else I could do?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.