Error Syncing. Report ID: 801846033

I am unable to sync. I successfully synced in the distant past, but turned off automatic syncing some time ago because of resource constraints. Now, when I seek to do a manual sync, I keep getting an error. The error log is below. What should I do?

Thanks.

[unrelated errors removed — D.S.]
  • After reading many suggestions for similar problems, I want to add that I've restarted Firefox 3-4 times and emptied the Zotero trash bin, but the problem remains. Note also that I am able to sync a new machine and add the library that I have currently stored at zotero.org to this new machine. I just cant sync my new entries on my old machine since I last synced on my old machine. Thanks.
  • What error are you getting? The log you post doesn't contain a single Zotero related error.
    (please don't post error code until you are pretty sure you can identify the relevant couple of lines - it clutters the forum - that's what Error report IDs are for).
    That said, you're getting so many js errors that it might be worth trying to disable all other add-ons to make sure that none of them interfere with Zotero.
  • Hi,

Thanks for helping with this. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it without any plugins and then reinstalled Zotero and then received the same error. The error message reads:
    Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: b82655a67e)
    The report ID is 2089509437

The error report is listed below. I realize it's all java script error, but it's all related to zotero.

One question: could the problem be that I've relocated the data directory to a custom location?

Thanks.

Could not read chrome manifest file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}\chrome.manifest'.

[JavaScript Error: "Zotero is not defined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/tab.js" line: 86}]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: b82655a67e)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • edited June 1, 2011
    As far as we know this is due to a bug in Firefox. Make a couple arbitrary changes to your Zotero data, restart Firefox and/or your computer, and try again.
  • Thanks. That solved my problem.