Changing Harvard in line format

Hi,

I was wondering how I can change Harvard from looking like this:

Thus the “taxation of earnings from labor is on par with forced labor” (Nozick 1974 p.169)

to

Thus the “taxation of earnings from labor is on par with forced labor” (Nozick 1974: 169)

i.e. simply changing the p. prefix to a semi-colon.

I have already modified the harvard bibliography to fit my university's idiosyncratic requirements, but can't see how to do this. It is really frustrating as Zotero keeps suddenly deleting all my manually inserted page numbers in the semi-colon format (I guess I need to do it outside the citation, but unsure how to do this), I'm unsure why.

I could really do with some help asap on this. I am writing a thesis that is due in a couple weeks and it's a pain in the ass to go back and do this manually.

Thanks,

Jesse
  • find this

<group delimiter=", ">
    <group delimiter=" ">
    <text macro="author-short"/>
    <text macro="year-date"/>
    </group>
    <group>
    <label variable="locator" suffix="." form="short"/>
    <text variable="locator"/>
    </group>
    </group>

and change to this
    <group delimiter=": ">
    <group delimiter=" ">
    <text macro="author-short"/>
    <text macro="year-date"/>
    </group>
    <text variable="locator"/>
    </group>

http://www.zotero.org/support/csl_simple_edits?s[]=csl
    for instructions.
    Or use a different Harvard style like American Sociological Association.
  • Tried it, but it doesn't seem to work. It shows up in the Zotero csl editor correctly but when I try to insert citation in word, it just puts the p. there again rather than just a :

I don't really want to have to reconfigure another citation style, as I already have the bibliographic format correct for this, and it took me ages to do.

Any suggestions?
  • Ignore that. It worked. Cheers
  • jessgb--would you mind uploading this to the repository? A journal to which I'm going to submit something requires something like this.

best,
    s.