Firefox busy after each field edit

2»
  • But the problem is intermittent - ugg!
  • I have been experiencing a pinwheel on my Mac when adding tags. Closing the tag selector helped. Thank you.

Re: funny symbols-- this sounds like an issue I used to have with virtually any foreign language title with accents in the Princeton University library catalog. I stopped importing from that library. Mightn't this be an unrelated translator issue?
  • If you identify a catalog that gives mangled non-English data, open a new discussion for it. It's certainly an encoding issue, and we can fix it for that catalog.
  • Not sure what to do about foreign titles but all my literature is English. I don't understand what is non english data and what that looks like. Is is the presence of for example a french accented e or Scandinavian o?

Today I cannot complete a task. I am trying to build a reading list for a thesis and after I put one or two items on the library I created for this adding new ones gets slower and slower and slower and now I am into force quit and putting one on, waiting several minutes another, force quit etc.
  • Stan, try disabling all extensions but Zotero and see if this makes things better.
  • It does make it better
  • I an also having this problem. I have disabled the other extensions, turned off auto sync, and turned off automatic tag display but I get the spinning color wheel almost every time I change a field. I have generated a Debug ID: D737940718.