group library

2»
  • when I click on "Install Zotero 2.0 Branch XPI" I have no option to choose.
    that's what I did last time...
  • I don't know what you mean—it's just installed like any other Firefox extension—but you should also be able to upgrade to the latest version from Tools->Add-ons->Extensions->Find Updates.
  • When I do the new branch installation I get an error message saying that it is not a valid instalaton package:

"Firefox konnte das Add-on von folgender Adresse nicht installieren:

http://www.zotero.org/download/dev/zotero-2.0-branch.xpi

Grund: Kein gültiges Installationspaket
    -207"
  • Restart Firefox and try again.

If that doesn't work, clear your Firefox cache with Tools -> Clear Recent History.
  • installation successful
  • edited February 4, 2011
    It should have just finished. Still spinning? If so, provide another Report ID.
  • my was successful now, too. And sync has finished very fast now.
  • still spinning...

report ID: 1681898778
  • OK, same error, so we'll have to work a bit more on a fix. This is an error we've seen only once before in a different spot, and it's only occurring because you have an extremely large library.

I'll post again later when we have a new build for you to try. Thanks for your patience.
  • thanks for you support.

have a nice weekend.
  • hello Dan,

I tried to sync my library at home and it worked immediately!
    but why can't I sync from my pc at work?

just wanted to let you know, perhaps it helps...

enjoy your weekend.
  • So I've looked into this further, and unfortunately it's a limitation in Firefox 3.6 that we can't work around.

Your options are to 1) upgrade to Zotero 2.1 beta and Firefox 4 beta, which handles parsing large XML files much better or 2) transfer your library from your home computer, thus avoiding the full sync that your work computer is trying to do. You'd likely need to use a flash drive or external hard drive for the latter and would need to move the existing 'zotero' directory out of the way on your work computer with Firefox closed before copying your home 'zotero' directory into place.
  • I chose the second option for now and see how long it will work.
    I can always upgrade to the beta versions if necessary.
    I thought it was a problem with the settings on my computer at work.

thanks for now.
  • Hi Dan,

I have upgraded now to Zotero 2.1 beta and Firefox 4 plus the respective new Word plugin but the Word plugin is not compatible with Firefox 4.0b11.
    My collegue upgraded 2 days earlier and used Firefox 4.0b10 and that was compatible.
    Could you pls actualize the Word plugin for Firefox 4.0b11 users?

Many thanks in advance!
  • OK, try again. The plugin was already compatible—we just had to update a compatibility manifest on the server.
  • And please start new threads for other new issues.
  • Thanks, it works now!
    Really great!!!!