Zotero Word Integration could not complete installation

Hello,
I have recently encountered a problem with Zotero Word Integration. I receive the following error message when I open Firefox, even though Word is closed. Reinstallation of the plugin does not work either.

Zotero Word Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that Word is closed, and then restart Firefox.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Nick
  • Same problem here.
  • Report more details (OS, Zotero version, Word version, which of the steps here
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting
    you have followed and with what (if any) effect.
  • Hi adamsmith, from what I can tell nothing there is exactly relevant:

I'm running MacOS 10.6.6, Zotero Standalone (alpha 2), MacWord 2008 and the above is the error I get when I try to install the Word integration (the OO integration ships and installs as expected, by the way)

thanks,
    s.
  • Hi all,

I had the same problem today running zotero 2.0.9 on Windows XP and Firefox 3.6.13 and trying to integrate it with Open Office 3.2.0. via plug-in. Checked the troubleshooting page but didn't find suggestions for this problem.
    I installed zotero, then the Ooo plug-in via the link on the zotero homepage. I had Ooo running at the time, then got the error code. Deinstalled the integration plug-in and closed Ooo, then reinstalled plug-in but still got the same error code. Restarting the computer didn't help.
    Any ideas? Would love to use zotero, seems like a great tool.

Thanks
    S
  • Can all of you give a report ID? Also, salchicha, it would be great if you can start a new thread; this thread is for a Word install error which is unlikely to be related to your problems with OpenOffice.org.
  • Mysteriously, and after doing nothing, Zotero is now working again!
  • Glad for you, Parham, but unfortunately no such luck for me...
    Simon, I started a new thread:
    Troubleshooting: zotero open office integration could not complete the installation

Cheers
    S
  • Hi Simon:
    report id is 305307103
    best,
    s.