Getting an error message when syncing

Last night when I started Firefox I kept getting a message stating there was an error starting Zotero, with no further information. I restarted, deleted and re-installed the program, all to no avail. This morning it is appears to be functioning, but is being very slow (slowing down Mozilla in general), and there is a red exclamation point next to the green sync arrow that reads "Zotero was unable to create a file during syncing. Restarting your computer or disabling anti-virus/security software may fix the problem." I've already restarted several times, and can't disable the anti-virus/security software. Below is the error ID message it is telling me to report.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
  • The message pretty much means what it says. If Zotero can't write a file, something is broken in the Firefox/system environment and it won't be able to sync.

You can provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that generates the error, but if something is interfering with Zotero on your system, there's nothing we can do about that.
  • I also get an error message when tryig to sync "Error processing uploaded data".
    The Debug ID is D1377672278

thanks for help,
    frakn
  • Frank: Not related. Start a new thread.