Sync Error: Downloaded Zip file not found

Error ID: 1876829671

I get an error everytime I try to sync with a file server (WebDAV) stating:

Downloaded ZIP file not found in Zotero.Sync.Storage._processDownloadedZip()

I see that others have had the same problem, but no general solution is out there. Can you help me with my error too?
-Andrew
  • edited May 5, 2010
    Provide a Debug ID for the sync attempt.

Is this a network or external drive, or a local one? It may also just be a problem with your WebDAV server.
  • Thanks Dan,
    I am trying to sync a local hard drive with a WebDAV server (Jungle Disk).
    Here is the Debug ID: D1046550710.
  • Well, it's likely a problem with the WebDAV connection. You're using the localhost server (rather than the direct Jungle Disk connection that I believe others are using with success), and it may be returning an invalid response code. Does DSGXTUES.zip exist on the server?
  • See other threads for other people's JD configurations.
  • Hi Dan,
    Thanks for your help! I found the file DSGXTUES.zip on the server and it was listed as 0 bytes. I deleted it from the server and restarted the Sync with the Zotero server. It looks like it is now fixed. Can you share any thoughts on how you knew I should look for the file 'DSGXTUES.zip'? Thanks again.
    -Andrew
  • You could probably look in the debug output and search for the error message. The name of the directory causing the problem was likely right by the error message.
  • I am having the same problem

Downloaded ZIP file not found in Zotero.Sync.Storage._processDownloadedZip()

Can someone help?

Debug ID: D156862653
  • Have you checked your WebDAV folder for empty files, as per the above? In your case, possibly (but not necessarily) IN5VQ47J.zip?
  • If empty means 0kb, it does not appear that I do have any empty files except a file titled lastsync from August 21st. I do have files less than 1kb, should those be deleted?

I do have IN5VQ47J.pop but it is 117 bytes and not a zip.

Should I delete lastsync? Should I delete files under 1kb?

Thanks,

Paul
  • edited September 9, 2010
    There's no IN5VQ47J.zip file? If that's the case, and you're getting that error, 1) deleting the IN5VQ47J.prop file may fix the problem temporarily, and 2) your WebDAV server is broken. This is a problem with Sakai servers (returning 200 status codes for missing files) that we've seen before. Ask your server admin to fix it (possibly by upgrading to a newer version).

We'll add a test for this problem to the server verification process in the Zotero preferences.
  • Erorr ID:122653579
    Debug ID: D362872461

The same problem here. It only happens to one of my linux machines. Another linux machine and a windows machine sync fine. PDF's save on my windows machine could be downloaded to the problem machine by syncing, but not vice versa. Entry syncing is not a problem. I am using Box.com.

Thanks,
    YS
  • YS: Is there any security software on that machine that could be interfering with Firefox's ability to save files? If so, try disabling it.

Are you able to download the MVNKVV58.zip file from your WebDAV server directly in the browser?
  • There is no security software since it's a linux box. And yes, I was able to download MVNKVV58.zip from box.com directly and also able to open the file inside the zip file.

Thanks,
    YS
  • Hi, I am having the same problem in a Windows machine (I also have some other Windows and Linux machines working fine). I was having problem with two files (2QTT25BV.prop and 2BH6FFDC.prop) and deleting them did not fixed the problem. Is there any way to fix this problem?
    My report ID is 262564099.

Best regards,

Ovidio