Synchronization issue

I really wanna use ZOTERO for my real research. I have several computers I use, one at work, one at home and one on the road. I worked with you guys last year to set up the WEB Dav and it worked for a while. Lot of work went into this for me. Then about 6 months ago it stopped working - I figured you guys are growing and will figure it out. I am gonna give you a try one more time. It is critical that we can use our library on more than one computer.

On one of my machines I have a complete library with attachments uploading to my web dav server. When I click on Sync on the other machine I get an error indicating that a downloaded zip file is not found. What is that? Here is the ID I get: 622471869

Please help to resolve this.
  • Please provide a Debug ID for the sync attempt.
  • I am on another machine this morning. Also here I have the same problem. The Debug ID is D1973120311.

Tahnk you in advance!
  • Is there any system software common to the two machines? Anti-virus software, etc.? Try disabling it if so.
  • Yep. Mcafee Virus scan on all machines. Disabled and tried sync. No success. Still teh same error message. The debug ID is:
    D122475960
  • What's the file size of 3VZGTZA7.zip on your WebDAV server?
  • Dan, there is no 3VZGTZA7.sip file on my WebDAV server just 3VZGTZA7.prop
  • Your WebDAV server may be returning an invalid status code for the missing file. Try loading the URL to the .zip file (using the same URL from the Zotero sync preferences + 3VZGTZA7.zip and entering your username and password when prompted) and then going to Tools -> Page Info -> Headers and looking in the Response Headers in the bottom. What's listed in the RESPONSE line? And what does Firefox show in the main window?

After obtaining that information, try deleting 3VZGTZA7.prop from the WebDAV server and syncing again.
  • Dan,

I typed in the link as you suggested. I got a prompt asking if I want to save the file or open it. I clicked on "open". Nothing shows in the file - it is empty, thus i can't go to Tools, Page info Headers.

I know I said previously that I do not have a 3VZGTZA7.zip file on the WebDav server -and I reconfirmed this. I logegd on to the Webdav server and double checked (I did a CTR+F) and typed searched for teh file - no luck.

Anyways, I just deleted the 3VZGTZA7.prop file and synced again. Now I get an error taht says: Downloadedd ZIP file not found in Zotero.Sync.Storage._processDownloadedZip()
    The report ID is:
    teh debug ID is:
    D1251027845
  • Yeah, your (Sakai) WebDAV server would appear to be broken—it seems to be returning a 200 ("OK") code for missing files instead of a 404. You should contact your server administrator and have them fix it.