Citation Style for CVs - No in-text marks, bibliography sorted descendingly and numered reversely

Hi,

I'm looking into how to set up a citation style that would be based on the Cell Journal style in the repository, but have the following features:

1) NO in-text marks - no author/year, no number style markers, I JUST want the bibliography and be able to stack it from my zotero database

2) Bibliography sorted inversely by publication date - the newest publication should be up top.

3) Bibliography entries should be Numbered starting with the last (oldest) item.

Item 2) is easily achieved, but I have no clue how to go about the other 2. Can someone point out how to do this?

Thanks, Joh
  • edited April 27, 2010
    for 1)
    Why don't you just used "Edit Bibliography" or, alternatively, create the Bibliography in Zotero rather than the plugin (select the items, right-click, create bibliography.

Edit 3) I don't think 3) is possible: Numeric styles - which is what you'd have to use, always start the bibliography with 1).
  • Actually, I was thinking the easiest way to do a CV is to just do it in Word, but copy-and-paste the formatted bibliography entries in?

Is there any reason that's not sufficient?
  • @bdarcus: This is obviously what I'm currently doing, but it's somewhat besides the point of using a citation manager, no?
  • you're still getting the bibliographic information from Zotero.
    I think Bruce and I mean the same thing when I say:
    "reate the Bibliography in Zotero rather than the plugin (select the items, right-click, create bibliography.)"

That still doesn't get you 3) but unless you're incredibly prolific adding the numbers by hand shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Alternatively you could modify the style to be in-text, with the full citation in text, no footnote. Then just insert each citation into your cv as you would footnotes.

as discussed in this thread: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/11870/curriculum-lists/