not syncing: "conflict that requires manual intervention"

I've just installed 2.0 and am not able to sync my library. I get this error:
Error number 425533082
"An automatic sync resulted in a conflict that requires manual intervention"
I'm then asked to choose between two versions of the quick start guide (which seem identical)--one is labeled "local object," one is labeled "remote object." Regardless of which one I choose, the error repeats when I try to sync again.
  • That's not an error—just a message from an automatic sync indicating that you need to perform a manual sync. After clicking the sync icon, you need to select one of the items in the conflict resolution window and click Next/Finish to complete the sync. If you're then getting another error, you'd have to tell us what the error is.
  • I am getting a similar error and cannot find its resolution on the forum or in support. Zotero tells me I need to manually resolve 158 conflicts--the same 158 conflicts that come up every time. It's really maddening--it takes a long time to select which version to retain and resync. There's no difference down to the timestamp level, unless these really are millisecond differences. I would love to see some sort of default setting that allows the system to resolve conflicts, like some file syncing software does.
  • birkland: Read what I wrote above. A conflict isn't an error. If you're getting the same conflicts repeatedly, it's because the sync is failing after you click through the conflicts and continue the sync, and you should see a sync error, which you would need to report to us.

Provide a Debug ID for the sync attempt, through to the end where you get an actual error, as well as a Report ID.
  • Let me join this one if I may. I have reported the debug ID. I gernerated a new one for this post 970038010

What seems to happen is that my sync is endless loop for about five days. Twice it has put a message up:

Conflicts have suspended automatic syncing.Click the sync icon to resolve them.

The first time that mesage appeared (Day 2) I clicked again on the green arow and nothing happened. Today I saw that mesage again, looked at the discussion forum and pressed the green arrow again. This time a screen popoed up and demonstrated that a new article I had downloaded about five days ago had three variants of it and the resolution proposed was the merged document, I clicked done but that has not solved the problem.

My next action was to delight that item from my database - but that has not worked either. I am sure that there is a simple resolution (but I don't know it!)

Thanks
  • Sorry I meant to write "delete" that item not delight that item!! What could I have been imagining
  • ANd now, one hour later, the endless loop has stopped. I assume that one file became corrupted somehow and removing it took some time to work through the system.
  • Hi,

I'm having a similar problem as those mentioned in this string. After I manually sync I get the conflict resolution window and I do select one of the three options (though the merged item box does not have a select option). After I select one of the object (either local or remote) I do not see where to proceed with a next/finish option. This results in my continually getting the same conflict. Thanks so much for your help. All best
  • I do not see where to proceed with a next/finish option.
    At the bottom-right corner of the window.
  • Thanks Dan,

All I've got on the bottom-right corner of the window is a "1 of 1" with no option button (?) am I missing something? Thanks,
    Ian
  • Try to resize the window.
  • Sorry, Dan,

I found it -- it was hard to see on my netbook screen, but thanks much for your help