Can't Empty Trash - error report 1165087287

2»
  • Dan,
    Thanks for your help---the repair tool worked! I was able to delete my trash--
    I feel as clean as a whistle.

Thanks for your patience.
    G
  • One query-- why when I sync does Zotero place two folders of everything in my library?
  • edited March 30, 2010
    It doesn't. You likely upgraded the same 1.0 library to Zotero 2.0 on more than one machine and synced.

If you'd like to discuss further, start a new thread.
  • edited April 3, 2010
    I have the same problem mentioned by several in the main part of this thread: can't empty the trash, get an error message "An error has occurred, restart Firefox." I've uploaded the debug report to Zotero server, # D507601691. (Before that, I tried using the database repair tool.)
  • I have encountered probably the same problem as Heckscher and gregmichener - can't empty the trash.

Filed a report (id: 2025165690)

Tried so far with no success Dan's suggestion to fix it.
  • edited April 9, 2010
    julm: You've used the DB Repair Tool? Are you sure you've correctly replaced the old version with the repaired one? If so, e-mail the Upload ID from the repair tool to support@zot....org, with a link to this thread.
  • I've tried again wit the database repair tool, no luck. I gave my debug report # above.
  • Debug ID doesn't help us. See my previous message.
  • Heckscher: Try again now with the DB Repair Tool.
  • This should also now be fixed in the 2.0 branch dev XPI, so you could switch to that, empty the trash, and switch back to 2.0.2. It'll be included in 2.0.3.
  • Yes, it worked this time. Thanks.
  • I have tried repeatedly to empty the trash from my group library, using both the online Zotero site and my standalone software. I can't do it from either one. I get an error message from the standalone software, but when I click on Error Reports, it keeps getting stuck and so I can't even generate a report.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Thanks,
  • Oh, and I forgot to mention that I tried to use the database repair tool, but that didn't work either. I followed all of the steps outline in the Zotero documentation, but I couldn't even tell if it launched or not.
  • What exactly happens when you try? You say you're getting an error. What does it say?
  • I'm working on getting it to show up now...I have so many entries that it takes a while for me to get it to actually load the program.
  • Okay, here's the error messages I got:

An error has occurred. Please restart Zotero. You can report this error by selecting “Report Errors…” from the Actions (gear) menu.

I THEN WENT TO THE ACTIONS GEAR AND GOT THE FOLLOWING ERROR REPORT:

The following errors have occurred since starting Zotero:

[JavaScript Error: “408 Time-out
    Your browser didn’t send a complete request in time.

“{file: “chrome://Zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js” line:2507}]

[JavaScript Error: “Invalid response from server. Please try again in a few minutes.” {file: “chrome://Zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js” line: 652}]

[JavaScript Error: “uncaught exception: out of memory”]

[JavaScript Error: State check failed due to transaction in progess”’

Note: the error log may include messages unrelated to Zotero.

Press Continue to send an error report to the Zotero developers.
  • Your database is just hitting the practical size limits of Zotero at all ends, sorry. Your sync is timing out and your operation locally is running out of memory.
    You can probably make at least the trash emptying work by deleting items in the trash in batches of ~100 or so.
  • Okay, thanks. I've already tried deleting 50 or so online as well as 500 in the standalone software, but I'll try again.
  • I tried but I can't delete anything. I then tried to back up my library, uninstall Zotero from my computer, create a new account online, and then reinstall Zotero to my computer. That doesn't work, because it keeps asking me about syncing from my old account. The reset options will not allow me to delete my old account. Please help!