database stability

We've been using Zotero for almost two years now, and we set up a private group library for our scientific teams at the end of 2009. Our I.T. department has questions about the stability of the application. We haven't had any problems in 2 years we've been using it, but I was wondering if there is any information online regarding stability that I can direct our I.T. department to. We do have a system for making a backup of the items in our Zotero group library each time we make additions.

Also, is there any possibility of a trainer session somewhere near the Boston area in 2010? Who do we bribe?
  • You'd probably need to be a bit more specific about your (and/or their) concerns. In terms of actual database stability, Zotero itself can't cause database corruption, and there've been no known issues with database stability since Firefox 2.0, which had database corruption bugs.

Certain setups (mainly the use of Zotero databases on network shares) can cause corruption, but that applies to any SQLite-based application. The database integrity can always be checked via the Advanced pane of the Zotero preferences or with the "PRAGMA integrity_check" SQLite command.