Sync problem in rc3 and still in rc4

Hello!
I get the following error messages while trying to sync: [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Invalid field 'repository' in ItemFields.isBaseField()"]
[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Transaction in progress in Zotero.Sync.Server._checkSyncUser"] ID:25022239
The message Loading items list... never disappears.
Everything worked fine in rc2.

Harald
  • Thanks for your quick reply, that helped with displaying records, now I get the following error: [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Invalid condition 'repository' in hasOperator()"] ID:1962223620
    Any ideas? It seems that all my records are synced though.

Harald
  • edited February 4, 2010
    When do you get that? When you click on a saved search, or when you try to sync?
  • I closed Firefox then after opening it again, started Zotero with "My library" selected. After the sync wheel had been spinning for a while, it stopped and then I clicked on the first record. After that, the error occurs, same message after two restarts of Firefox.

Harald
  • I am still having sync problems, using "My library" as the default collection. Now the error is: [JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Search condition ids not contiguous in Zotero.Sync.Server.xmlToSearch()"] ID:346492817

I have seen others report this error and that it has disappeared for them, but that is not the case for me so far.

Harald
    One of your saved searches had a "Repository" condition. If you delete that saved search, your sync should work again.

This is also fixed in the latest dev build.
    Actually, don't do that. Wait for the next release, which will be later today or tomorrow, or use the dev build.

(Or, if you do delete the search, you'll need to do a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs.)
  • Thanks, I'll wait for the next build then. I would also like to thank you for excellent support. This has been the first time I have needed it for Zotero, and I am very happy with how I have been helped.
  • Fixed in 2.0rc5, available now.
  • Thanks, I can confirm that the problems have resolved for me now.
This discussion has been closed.