Available for beta testing: Zotero, redesigned

12346»
  • edited June 27, 2024
    Also are there any plans to implement a way of clicking on a reference in an open pdf and having it detect the reference and show the full reference information? I've seen this before (eg readcube) and it would be great to have! Even if it can detect if I have that paper in my library and go to it or even download it via the doi...

Update - I have found some references do indeed pop up a link to the full citation but depends on the PDF...
  • Ah ok, thanks a lot, glad I'm not the only one. I have a logitech mouse too (G602), I'm on Windows 11. I'll add the details to the other thread too.
  • A very nice update.

The UI is cool and classy.

Lots of new features and traceability of it.

The Zotfile plugin doesn't work. But using base directory with relative paths is enough.

Great work team.
  • edited August 6, 2024
    Zotero's redesign is fantastic.

Feature request: title font weight according to read/unread

It would be great if references in the collection behaved like RSS feeds, with titles bolded or not depending on their reading status.

Since Zotero 6, the software has become a true document reader. A feature like this would allow you to organise your work in a discreet way.

I know there are plug-ins that allow you to use markers, but I don't think it's a very elegant process.

Adding a "read/unread" option to the context menu would be one solution.
  • Feature request: Dark background but clear document in PDF reader

I'm familiar with the 'Use dark mode content' feature. However, the background on both sides of the PDF document also becomes light when the reader's dark mode is turned off, which conflicts with the interface's dark mode.

A picture says more than a thousand words, here's what I like to have:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/zotero.org/images/forums/u4788894/z2dupv8kie8p941apxc2.png
This discussion has been closed.