Can't import ZoteroRDF w/files

2»
  • Dan,

My problem was solved changing the language of my Firefox and Zotero app to portuguese (the original language of my RDF file). I tried it only in 1.0 version, and it works. As soon as is possible I´ll try it in 2.0b7.1 version too.

Thanks for your help.
  • Hello Dan,

yes, unfortunately the problem persists.
    Thank you!
  • I was reading this and other thread regarding problems importing rdf files. I used an earlier version of Zotero to create the library but I don't think that this could be the fault or am I wrong. The message displayed after the program stopped read that the file is invalid. I submitted my report no 2089458580. I hope that I can get some help here as this is crucial I get my records back. I use a Ubuntu and firefox 3.5. I hope that this info helps.
  • The problem has been fixed. What was the problem is the version of the Data Base File. I uninstalled ver. 2.0 installed ver. 1.0 and imported my old library. Then all that was needed was to install ver 2.0 which automatically upgrades the database file. The library works beautifully. Hope this helps anyone experiencing a similar problem which was a problem with upgrading to ver 2 than one with importing the data.
  • zygmurti's problem was the same as annecke12's. We'll fix this ASAP.
  • annecke12, zygmurti:

An updated RDF translator that should fix this has been pushed to the repository. Your copy of Zotero should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Now in the General pane of the Zotero prefs.

Let us know if you still have trouble after updating.
  • I've encountered a similar problem, but none of this advice seems exactly to speak to it: I have someone sending me RDF files with attached PDFS. The import seems to work, and I see the PDF attachments listed (she is checking export files when she exports), but when I click to view them, it says they have been moved outside zotero. I searched my storage, and in fact my entire hard drive, and I can't find the PDFs. Any idea where they are? Is this an export problem, or am I missing a step on the import?
  • Melani: Is there a 'files' directory in the same directory as the RDF file that was sent to you? Do you see the files in there? If you can't find the files anywhere on your system, that would suggest not.
  • Dan,
    I'm not quite sure, but I think not. What she sent was just a single file, "Shannon's Library Batch VI.rdf." It's small, 102K, which also suggests there are no files attached. But she swears that she is checking the "attach files" box on the export command.
  • OK, then she should start a new thread and provide more details, such as Zotero version, the exact steps she's taking, a Report ID, and a Debug ID for the export process if she's using Zotero 2.0.
  • Dan,

Having a similar problem? I am trying to import an .rdf file from Scribe to Zotero. It says "An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again." There are about 110 records. I'm using Zotero 2.0 and everything looks updated.

Any advice?
  • edited August 4, 2010
    Hi Dan, I'm having also a similar problem?
    I have exported my libary (.rdf) on a ubuntu machine with an english setup. I can imoprt this libary without any problem (exepet one) in unbunt again and the same is true for my mac, which has an german setup.
    Put if I try to import the libary at my windows vista machine (german setup) it always says "An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again."

the only problem while importing my libary to ubuntu or mac is that in all the entrys with more than 5 authors zotero change the order of them.

can you please help me fixing this problems!

zotero 2.0.3
    firefox 3.6.8
  • paul: Provide a Report ID and a Debug ID for the importing attempt.
  • Hi Dan
    the Report ID is 1406010063 and the Debug ID is D663136533.

thanks for your help and for the great tool by the way