Date Modified too limited

Adding a "related item" or making changes to a Note does not change "Date Modified" on my setup. Is this the intended behaviour?
Zotero 6.0.30
Linux Mint 21.2
  • I even find that adding annotations to an item does not put it at the top of the "Date Modified" list.
  • Notes are child items, and edits don't affect the Date Modified of the parent item.

Adding a related item should perhaps update Date Modified.

For annotations, see https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/456395/#Comment_456395
  • Hi Dan, thanks for your very rapid response. I'm always amazed at how quickly you guys reply to posts on the forum. Really, the level of support for such a complex piece of software (provided free) is fantastic! Also the speed with which you fix bugs and introduce enhancements is extraordinary. I wish I could be more active in testing and reporting bugs but at the moment I'm rushing to finish my thesis. I will give Zotero 7 (which looks great) a whirl when it's done.

I found that adding a related item as you suggested pushed the item higher on the "Date Modified" list but not to the top, plus there are recently added items that haven't been modified that are higher. I guess the database has competing criteria?
    It's good to know that I will need to make changes to the item info (adding to the abstract works) to push it to the top of the list.
  • edited February 23, 2024
    I found that adding a related item as you suggested pushed the item higher on the "Date Modified" list but not to the top
    I think you're probably mistaken there? Adding a related item doesn't update Date Modified at all, so the item should have the same position it had before. You can test that yourself by looking at the values in the Date Modified column (or taking a screenshot) before and after adding/removing a related item.
  • True. However, adding a tag updates Date Modified.