Issuing syncing files even though I've paid for more storage

I attend a University and have an account created under my .edu email address so I should have unlimited file storage with Zotero but when I attempt to sync I receive the following message:

"You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server. See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options."

I went ahead and paid for additional storage anyways and after purchasing more storage I am still receiving the same error on my Zotero app.

Can anyone assist? Thank you!

• Adding your university email address to your account only provides unlimited storage if your university has a Zotero Institution subscription.

The Zotero account you're posting from should not be getting any storage quota error. Check what Zotero account you have configured to sync in the Zotero app by checking the sync preferences.

https://www.zotero.org/support/preferences/sync
  • Related to this: I only recently learned that my university has a Zotero Institution subscription. I had previously signed up to Zotero with a gmail email address, and have been paying for access. I have now added my institutional email. The "storage" page now says "Institutional Storage provides unlimited storage for ". But I still have the "Change Plan" panel available at right, and still have "Unlimited" selected (at $120/year). What's the right way to cancel this plan without losing my library? Thanks so much!
  • Personal subscriptions are automatically not renewed as long as you're eligible for unlimited storage provided by your institution. You can remove your card if it's saved in your storage settings.

We still allow new manual purchases of individual subscriptions in case you're leaving the institution or they're going to discontinue their subscription.