What's the most current workflow for using Zotero with Apple Pages?

I recently changed laptops and no longer have access to Microsoft Word. So I use Apple Pages.

I have done a reasonably thorough search but haven't come across what I'm looking for. What's the best practice for using Zotero with Apple Pages? I'm currently editing my references manually which is super time consuming and feels like a very error prone process.

Thanks!
  • Apple does not allow plugins in Pages, so it is not possible. Recent response from the Zotero developers here:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/432204#Comment_432204

If I could not use Word on Macs, I would switch to LibreOffice, which is a commonly used open source word processor. Zotero fully supports that.
  • Allow me to further endorse LibreOffice as the preferred writing software for Mac. It is free (open access) and has existed for over a decade. It is the next generation of OpenOffice. It is faster than MS Word for Mac and is equally powerful. You could consider Google Docs. While many Zotero users also use Google Docs and I've needed to use it for a couple of collaborative manuscripts, the Google Docs interface "sets my teeth on edge".
  • Thanks @enozkan and @DWL-SDCA! That's very helpful.

It's been a few years since I've looked at LibreOffice. I'll get myself reacquainted. Zotero integration is not optional for me.