Another Chrome Error

Hi

In January I had an issue with the Chrome Acrobat extension preventing the Zotero connector being active in a pdf page- ref Report ID 1797888566.

I now have a slightly different issue, when I click on Save to Zotero in the JSTOR site the item record creates correctly but it fails to download the pdf. For example https://www-jstor-org.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/stable/pdf/26426089.pdf?refreqid=excelsior:2ccf9a16b873424f20c86bfdd5e3becc&ab_segments=&origin=&initiator=&acceptTC=1. I am still able to download and attach the pdf manually, however.

I disabled the Acrobat extension, with no luck; tried downloading in MS Edge, same issue; and then restarted my PC, no luck.

This problem started about a week ago, possibly after a Windows update.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Thank you

William
  • edited July 26, 2023
    Not related to your other issue.

On JSTOR, you need to be sure to click the PDF link once and accept the terms and conditions before trying to save from the article page.

If that doesn't help, we'd want to see a Debug ID from Zotero for a save attempt that fails to download the PDF.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for the quick response, I'm very familiar with JSTOR- at the moment it's my main source of journal articles and- usually once per day- i click on the accept button.

My bug ID is D551524113

William
  • That doesn't show a save attempt.
  • I've just had a look at the log and see the following, which indicates the issue may be with my library

William

[JavaScript Error: "www-jstor-org.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.
    The server might not be sending the appropriate intermediate certificates.
    An additional root certificate may need to be imported.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
    "]

version => 6.0.26, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-GB, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.26, extensions => Storage Scanner for Zotero (5.0.12, extension), ZotFile (5.1.2, extension), Zutilo Utility for Zotero (3.10.0, extension), Zotero Report Customizer (5.0.38, extension), Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.26, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.3.SA.6.0.26, extension), Zotero OCR (0.6.0, extension)
  • edited July 26, 2023
    Yes, you can point them to this page:

https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/incomplete_cert_chain

They can see that the SSL Labs test shows "Chain issues: Incomplete" for the proxy server.
  • I've just informed the library and now need to wait for a response, which will probably be tomorrow.

Once they respond I'll let you know the outcome, thank you for your help.

William
  • Hi, this seems to have been resolved. Although I don't know what action the library took as they are yet to respond to my ticket. I've just successfuly downloaded a pdf from JSTOR, it was really driving me up the wall!!! and causing me to exhaust my range of expletives.
  • No, the proxy server is still misconfigured, but you may have saved from another site that properly served the same intermediate certificate that your proxy server isn't returning, after which it could be cached.
  • Thanks, I'll keep an eye on it and if they haven't contacted me by tomorrow I'll contact them. Since I wrote, I've successfuly downloaded some pdf's from differennt journals off the JSTOR site
    William