Unable to add citation in Word with Zotero 6 on macOS 14 beta

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero 7 Beta with MacOS Beta - Crash by Citation.
  • I am reporting similar bug – unable to add citation in Word with Zotero 6 on MacOS 14 beta
  • edited June 30, 2023
    What's the actual problem you're experiencing?

The thread you posted to was about a crash and is unlikely to be the same issue.
  • When I try to add citation in Word with Zotero, Zotero freezes right before I am able to add any citation (it happens after I click on the add citation button) or after I choose my citation. In both cases, Zotero freezes and usually crashes afterward
  • edited June 30, 2023
    On Sonoma, Zotero 6 will currently trigger a prompt at every startup asking whether to let Zotero access data from other apps. Make sure you're choosing Allow. If you choose Don't Allow, this might happen.

If you're running the Sonoma beta, I'd recommend running the Zotero 7 beta as well, which changes how Zotero and Word communicate to a method that works better on Sonoma.
  • I always allowed Zotero to access data. I have just installed Zotero 7 beta and the problem seems to be the same. This time, Word freezes and when it does not freeze, Zotero crashes. Here is the report https://justpaste.it/59f31
  • OK, that's the same issue. We're looking into it.
  • Thanks. I'm having same issue and tried the same solution (updated to Zotero 7 beta).
  • edited July 6, 2023
    @sushilover, @Mohammad_r_ali: This should be fixed in the latest Zotero 7 beta.
  • Yep, works. I also updated to the newest MacOS beta and it was fine too. Thanks.