member status (or role)

Is it possible to have more roles for members. We have the choice between "member" and "admin". It would be nice if we could have more options : the possibility to edit notices without being admin, without erasing it for example.
  • While there are only two roles (three if you count non-members) you do have the ability to customize those roles. From the library tab of your group settings page you can make the following changes to roles.

Library Reading (Who can see items in this group's library?):

*Anyone on the internet
    *Any group member

*Only group admins

Library Editing (Who can add, edit, and remove items from this group's library?):

*Any group member

*Only group admins

If there are other kinds of roles you would like or other sets of functionality you would like to be able to change for individual roles please provide some specific examples.
  • I am planning to use Zotero with my students, but there is still a problem with the "member" status.
    I would like to allow my student to create new items (references, notes, links, etc.) but without the possibility for them to delete any item created by other students. But this seems impossible. If the can create new notes, it means they can delete any note too. Is there a way to protect what's already online without letting them the possibility to delete any item ?
  • We intend to support a permissions option like this, but it's sufficiently complicated that it probably won't make 2.0 Final.
  • Can any admin invite someone to a private group? Or just the group owner?
  • Any admin should be able to. The only things restricted to owners are transferring ownership, deleting the group, and changing the group type.
  • A student set up a Group Library by importing my files from another software application and was therefore assigned as the owner of the group library. Consequently, I was assigned an admin role. We have continued to add to the Group Library and have now reached the storage limit. The student (and group owner) is no longer on the project. As an admin I cannot purchase more storage. Only group owners can do so. How can my status be changed from admin to group owner so I can purchase storage?
  • The group owner can transfer ownership to you under group settings (on the bottom right - you'll only see that option if you are/he is logged in as a group owner).

If the student isn't available to do that this is more complicated - I don't know under which circumstances Zotero would be willing to transfer ownership of a group without the owner.