Error updating document (Openoffice integration 3.0a1, Zotero 2.0b7, Mac OS 10.5)

2»
  • I ended up redoing all my references as referencemarks during a in-depth edit of the document. The price you have to pay for using an alpha I suppose...
  • Still getting "Invalid code prefix" followed by an "fieldCode is null" error even after

1) upgrading to Zotero 2.0b7.2 and Zotero OpenOffice Integration 3.0a3
    2) deleting and re-adding the bibliography and all citations

I'm using Bookmarks.

See Report ID 1812649145.

Can supply document if necessary.
  • edited September 26, 2009
    I had the same problem but kevinc's solution worked for me:

- deleting the Bibliography manually
    - inserting the bibliography again ... this is where the zotero word processor wants to "Update the document" and this time didn't fail to do so :)
  • Thanks tricipitinus, but deleting and inserting the Bibliography didn't help.
  • edited October 4, 2009
    oman002, can you send the document to support@zot...org with a link to this thread?
  • Thanks for the file. It looks like you copy and pasted parts of the document, which caused OOo to create duplicate bookmarks. By pure chance, the old version of the OOo plug-in worked fine in this case, but the new version doesn't. We'll have a fix for this in the next few days, but for now, you can delete the problematic bookmarks by going to Insert->Bookmarks and deleting any entries there that are the same as the entries above them except for a number appended to the end (leave the original entry with no number appended).
  • I am suddenly getting the "Zotero experienced an error updating your document" error again as well; deleting the Bibliography didn't help; there don't seem to be any duplicate entries in my Insert>Bookmarks section.
  • Are you getting a "An error occurred communigating with Zotero:" message as well? If so, post the first line of that here. If not, try generating a report ID.
  • No, as far as I could tell I only got the updating error. After some tinkering, and a reboot, it seems to have resolved itself; I'm still checking to make sure everything's working. The java symbol is staying in my system tray though, which seems to mean something is "stuck" in Firefox.

The report errors has seven of these:
    [JavaScript Error: "this._editor is undefined" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/bindings/styled-textbox.xml" line: 152}]

Report ID is 230843824
  • I still experience the first mentioned problem: When I click on a citation, Zotero asks me to update and then all references are lost (using OOo 3.1.1 on XP).

The only solution for me is to save files as doc, then click on the Zotero preference button in OOo and then choose bookmarks.

dnh
  • dnh, what do you mean by "all references are lost"?
  • Simon, none of them are recognized by Zotero anymore.
  • Are you actually getting the same error as the first post in this thread? If so, try what I mentioned above. If Zotero isn't recognizing the references at all, you can try emailing the document to us at support@zot...org, but it's likely that the references weren't there to begin with. Perhaps you saved a document using ReferenceMarks as a Word document (instead of an odt)?
  • Well, sort of, I don't get an error message - I get an update request and then the references are not recognized anymore. And I only experience this problem with documents that worked fine before - so yes, there were references, and no, I did not save in a "wrong" format.
  • Have you checked Document Preferences to make sure that the References/Bookmarks setting is correct? (There should be a gray box around the citations if you're using ReferenceMarks; otherwise, you're using bookmarks.) If that doesn't work, go ahead and send the file.
  • I had the same Problem, deliting the bibliography and adding a new worked for me.
    Thanks!