Zotero iPad app crash (Report ID: 1162747928)

Dear Zotero-team,

my wife's Zotero app crashes every time on startup (iPad 7th gen, iOS 16.3.1).
I exported the database but its ~2GB, how should I send it to you?

Shall I create a Github issue linking to this forum post?

Thank you and best regards.
  • The database is 2 GB?

If you're able to, you can upload it somewhere and email us a link at support@zotero.org with a link to this thread.
  • Yes the DB is around 2GB. I uploaded it and sent you an email.
  • Thanks for the report and database file @DeathCookiie. Unfortunately it looks like the database on your wife's Zotero app got corrupted for some reason. We're investigating the issue, but I don't think we'll be able to restore functionality with app update. Your wife will have to remove the app from her device and re-install from App Store (or TestFlight if she was beta testing).
  • Thank you for the quick reply @michalrentka!
    We will try reinstalling the app later. She is worried that her data itself is corrupted. Do you think this is the case or should a reinstallation fix the issue for good, while still having all of her synced data intact?

And thanks again, keep up the good work!
  • @DeathCookiie you can check the integrity of your data on desktop or web apps. If everything looks good there, you're fine with re-installing the app.

In general the iOS app shouldn't delete or change any data randomly. But if she had some data which didn't sync before the app started crashing, those may be lost now. If you can see everything on your desktop or web app, your data are safely stored in your account.
  • Thank you for the explanation.

Just wanted to give an update. Reinstalled the app and, so far, everything is working and all of the data is syncing correctly.