[PROBLEM] Zotero Connector Installing but not showing in Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)

I have Zotero installed (version 6.0.20) on my Windows 10 PC laptop, along with Firefox 109.0 (64-bit) and with no extensions or add-on's installd in Firefox.

No matter what, I cannot get the Zotero Connector to show its icon, so I can click on it, to save a webpage or anything itself.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Zotero and Firefox, and nothing works! I'm in the middle of writing a PhD thesis (final year), and suddenly this is happening!

I can't give you a Debug code, because the Zotero Connector symbol doesn't show up in Firefox.

Can anyone suggest anything to solve this urgent issue please?
  • edited January 27, 2023
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_toolbar_button

(It's not clear that you actually installed the Zotero Connector in Firefox?)
  • Hi, I have the same problem and Zotero Connector is installed and activated. Zotero icon no longer shows on the toolbar and re-installing does not help. Any clue?
  • See the link above.
  • Hi,
    Has anyone figured out what's causing this yet? I have setup a new surface with Zotero and connector enabled but not showing in the Firefox toolbar. There's no >> overflow panel and it doesn't appear in the "Open menu".
    The Zotero icon doesn't appear in the customise icon palette (either the book or the Z icon).
    The Zoteri icon is still showing on my old PC (Windows 8), but doesn't appear on my new surface (Windows 11) and so can't transition to the new device.

I have a relatively new Firefox profile but with all my bookmarks etc saved, I have no desire to create a new one.

Any ideas?
    Thanks
  • @jbla: Firefox now uses a puzzle-piece button at the end of the extensions toolbar to show other installed extensions.
  • Thanks @dstillman - I toggled a few things and unpinned and pinned and it appeared in the toolbar.
  • I now am also having issues getting the Zotero extension to show up in the extensions toolbar or in the right click menu in Firefox v114.0.2 on MacOS Ventura 13.4.1. I was having these issues and then updated Firefox to this version, restarting the browser in the process. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as providing maximal permissions to the extension. The options described in the comments do not seem to appear for me, e.g., the puzzle-piece or extensions ">>" buttons at the end of the extensions toolbar. The gear option in the extensions settings described here https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/no_toolbar_button does not have a "Pin to Toolbar" option on my browser either.

Seems like Mozilla is changing some things in Firefox. Any thoughts? I too have a fairly extensive set of bookmarks in my Firefox profile that I would be loathe to part with.
  • edited July 7, 2023
    @rddhaan: The documentation is correct as of Firefox 115, the current version. The overflow button would only appear if you're out of toolbar space.

If you're having trouble figuring something out, take screenshots of your Firefox Extensions pane and toolbar, upload them somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.), and provide a link here.
  • I updated to Firefox 115 and am still having the same issues. Here's a set of screenshots showing what I did:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZBZkb5kQRKumifDKlyCbUOzlKyrho8mt?usp=sharing
  • The extension is working on Chrome however (which I don't use in general).
  • edited July 9, 2023
    @rddhaan: You didn't show us what's in the Extensions (puzzle-piece) menu.

Reading your earlier comment again, I suspect you're just misreading the instructions. "Pin to Toolbar" isn't in the gear menu in the Extensions pane. It's in the gear menu of the Extensions menu that you get when you click the puzzle-piece button in the toolbar. And you certainly have the puzzle-piece button — it's in your screenshot.