Quota error despite having unlimited storage

This discussion was created from comments split from: Removing PDFs to free up space.
  • I got the message about not being able to convert linked files to stored files tonight despite paying for unlimited storage for a few years. When I came home to my home computer, I got a triangle with an exclamation point in it saying that I had exceeded my storage limit. I don't see how that is possible when paying for unlimited storage.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync that results in the quota error?

Also note that your description here is a bit off. Converting linked files to stored files is something you do locally, and there's no message about not being able to do so. A quota error would be a totally separate thing that would happen while syncing. If you're getting a file-sync error, you've already converted the linked files to stored files.
  • @jbrennerFIT: You emailed, but we'll need your response here, along with an actual Debug ID.
  • @jbrennerFIT: It looks like you're just syncing a different account, not the one you're posting from. That account doesn't have a storage subscription and is at its file storage quota.
  • There is no debug ID for this, but I think that even though I am syncing up with my account, I am doing so from a computer that I inherited from my daughter who had installed Zotero for her own use. This would explain why Zotero is thinking that I reached my quota. I didn't notice this until I saw in the Zotero web site that it thought that some of the files had been uploaded from an account with my daughter's e-mail address.

-------------------------
    The debug message, despite having no Debug ID is as follows:

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/25BUGPY5 failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.

See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options.

Vanoni et al. - 2019 - Interleukin-Mediated Pendrin Transcriptional Regul.pdf (1042 KB)"]

[JavaScript Error: "Upload request 1/25HMJPPW failed"]

[JavaScript Error: "You have reached your Zotero File Storage quota. Some files were not uploaded. Other Zotero data will continue to sync to the server.

See your zotero.org account settings for additional storage options.

Stanciu et al. - 2017 - Hashimoto's thyroiditis associated with thyroid ad.pdf (11288 KB)"]

version => 6.0.22, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 6.0.22, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (6.0.4.SA.6.0.22, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (6.0.2.SA.6.0.22, extension)
  • I went into the preferences, and changed the syncing so that it goes to my account instead of my daughter's account. It is somewhat scary to think that I am going to have to delete the Zotero data from this computer to do so, but that is what is now happening. This is scary, but I think it is the only way to solve this without paying more.
  • (You can always provide a Debug ID — I linked to instructions above. But we don’t need one anymore.)
  • Having a Debug ID presumes that a popup appears, but it didn't before. Now it is popping up as D1478309212.
  • Despite re-loading the entire database after changing the Zotero account on this computer from my daughter's account to mine, I still am unable to convert links to stored files on the daughter's former (now my home) computer, but I am no longer having the same prompt to upgrade my storage. Perhaps I had two different problems?
  • Right, that's what dstillman said on the outset. One never had anything to do with the other. What do you mean by "I am unable to"? You don't see the option? It's greyed out? You're getting an error? You're not getting an error but nothing happens? etc. see https://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_problems#provide_steps_to_reproduce for how to report problems that enable us to help you
  • The conversion from linked to stored is greyed out. I know that when I saved .rdf's on my work computer yesterday that the references that I had downloaded on the work computer were not included in the .rdf as stored files. The references that I had uploaded from my daughter's home computer were saved in the .rdf files generated on my work computer.
  • It looks OK now. I think the reason why the conversion from linked to stored is greyed out now is because I have all of the actual files now. Thanks.