Cannot use the cite function

This discussion was created from comments split from: Zotero stuck in endless updating loop.
  • Can not use the cite-functions. When I click 'add Citations' and try to cite a reference, the report that ‘Zotero experienced an error updating your document’ appeared. Whatever I did, this never changed. Could anyone tell me what should I do? Thanks a lot.
    Report ID: 341654452
  • @JHyouxia: If this only happens in an existing document but it works in a new, empty document, see Troubleshooting Errors in Word Processor Documents. If you can isolate the problem in the existing document, send us an affected excerpt of the document as requested on that page.
  • This situation happens in a new and I havn't succeeded in citing a reference ever. Every time I tried to cite, the report that ‘Zotero experienced an error updating your document’ appeared.
  • What's the exact Word version and OS version?

Can you provide exact Steps to Reproduce this in a new document?
  • Word version : WPS 2019 chineses version.
    OS version: windows 11
    Procedure: 1.Open a new word document and zotero;2.Click zotero of the word document;3. click add citation;4.choose a reference style and click ok;5.choose an article and click ok;6. the report that ‘Zotero experienced an error updating your document’ appeared
  • Oh, this is WPS? We don't have anything to do with that integration. You'll need to ask them.
  • emmm... That all right.. thank you..