Zotero displays "00/00/0000 00:00:00"

Hello,

I have 2 problems with the bibliography of my thesis.

First one : with some references, when I want to add my citation, Zotero displays "00/00/0000 00:00:00" instead of the number of the citation.

Second one : I have a Word table. When I add a citation, automatically it displays "00" after the citation (like this : (146)00, the next one (147)00). This problem is recent.

if someone could help me because i keep racking my brain !!

Thank u
  • The table issue has been an occasional recurrence and I don't believe there's much Zotero can do about that -- it's a weird thing that Word does when you add multiple fields (the grey-shaded element that Zotero uses to insert/store citations) into a document.

For the time/date -- anything you can figure out that's specific to those citations? Have you used the "Add Note" function in the word processor add-on? Does this happen for specific citation number? Citations entered in a specific context (e.g. a figure caption or so)?
  • It's in a table also.
    When I want to add a citation in a column, it puts it in the next column.
    Also, in the bibliography there is a citation that I deleted in my thesis but it remains in the bibliography even if I "refresh" my bibliography
  • If this
    00/00/0000 00:00:00
    thing is a word problem, is there a workflow to avoid this problem, but still use Word?

I've tried using ObsidianMD and a Zotero plugin, then exporting to Word. That could work for some of you, but for me, this is an extra step of potential error since I'm sent Word documents that I need to edit and reply with.

Another approach could be to just stop using Word and import into Google Docs. However, as an online service, Google Docs is a bit laggy, and I worry about compatibility issues importing and exporting like this.

I suppose the issue is that my institution is using Word at the end of the day. Unfortunately, I don't think this is something I can change. AFAIK, they even use Mendely, so I guess some people just need to get burnt and learn the hard way :/
  • I am having this problem constantly, specifically inserting citations into a table in Word. It is making it completely unusable.