Redesign of Zotero (for Mac) to fit ZoteroBib and upcoming iPad version?

Hello,
do you plan a major redesign of the UI for the Mac version of Zotero in upcoming versions (6.x)? to fit the look and feel of the upcoming Zotero for iPad or ZoteroBib?
Would appreciate :)
  • I think this would be a great idea! +1
    A new design to follow the "look and feel" of this macOS Big Sur design language would be a great visual improvement to the great functionality of Zotero.
    Is there anything planned?
    Would appreciate a official response from on of the Zotero developer team members :)
  • @citero101 @whitecamel20 Bump. I could not agree more! I work with Zotero every day and I think we can all agree that aesthetics matter. I totally get that stability and features are more important in the long run - but some of my colleagues use endnote and there are two reasons I can't get them to switch: "I already have all my stuff in endnote" (fair) and "I just think zotero looks ugly".
  • +1 here!
  • Couldn't agree more. The ios version is so beautiful, hope the desktop version can catch up.
  • +1 from me. The new iOS and iPadOS versions look stunning! I like the clean interface, especially the new category icons and PDF annotation tools. Zotero 6 has great features and is a really impressive update! However, I would like to see the visuals refreshed now to complement the new iOS. Is that planned for the near future? @dstillman
  • Cannot agree more ! A redesign to fit Big Sur and Monterey standards would be a really great thing :)
  • I'll add myself to the list of people waiting for a redesign, as the old one is really starting to look a bit dated on macOS Ventura. Even more so when compared to, e.g., Obsidian, which is also a cross-platform app based on a web browser (Electron), but has been recently redesigned to feel even more native on macOS and the respective other systems. I suspect, however, that Zotero might be somewhat dependent on what Mozilla is doing in that respect - it's probably not a coincidence that Zotero's tabs look essentially like Thunderbird's.